skyNEW Skin

When I tried to install it over the previous version I got all sorts of error messages. I then tried via the plugin and the tabs didn't work.

Fwiw. I've reverted to an older version

@NazoDoop....Open the chabs skins plugin and scroll across and you will see 2 optional tab default skins which work.
On my remote for the h9s it's the bottom 2 arrow keys on the remote.

The Skin also includes Chabs Skins plugin which enable easy switch between 4 different versions:
Default Version (3 Event names Infobar)
Sky Alternative (2 Event in Infobar with Picon)
Default Version with EPG Tabs (3 Event names Infobar)
Sky Alternative with EPG Tabs (2 Event in Infobar with Picon)

Taken from post 1 of this thread. All of the info is there about showing the tabs as working and the alternate layouts for the infobar.

The issue is tabs are displayed by default when installing the skin but they dont move when pressing previous and next as Ive found out when installing earlier to check the commands to force re install. From above you need to use the plugin and set

Default Version with EPG Tabs (3 Event names Infobar)
Sky Alternative with EPG Tabs (2 Event in Infobar with Picon)

Why have Tabs default that dont work thats where users are confused?? Why not have no tabs at all then users need to change to working tabs via the plugin?

i think chabs said is was aesthetic reasons : iptv boquets often have long names such as 001 UK ENTERTAINMENT - IPTV

which ballses up the look and as its a sky clone having the official sky tabs he felt was appropriate.

maybe having the name of the bouquet / tab appear somewhere on the screen and keeping the offical tabs would have been a nice compromise.

Managed to finally get IPTV recording working properly. Woohoo!

I'm having some display issues on my movie list now. The video file has ".stream" at the end of every recording. Turning on "hide known extensions" doesn't solve the issue. The area where the programme description would appear just displays the directory of the media shown rather than the description of the recording, which I know is saved in the ".stream.meta" file that is created with the recording. And finally the column which should show the channel it was recorded from is blank.

Has anyone experienced this too?

When I have installed this skin I can't seem to press next to scroll through the bouquets in the EPG like I could on the original WB skin. Anyone have any ideas why?

Ok, I have tried long and hard and searched high and low :) but cannot find it (probably staring me in the face) but does anybody know where I can turn on the channel name or picon for the channel in the mini (preview) screen when perusing the EPG, please?

Had it in the previous @Chabs WB Sky skin.

Also, directly to @Chabs , THANK YOU VERY MUCH for all your hard work producing such an excellent skin, it really is very much appreciated !!

TIA

Last edited:
Hey chabs I deleted an old sky skin of yours that I had installed for the dream Plex skin (v3.00 sky.new) and the dreamplex skin no longer works.

I tried to reinstall it but it won't install from the ipk saying the skin is already installed.

I deleted the folder from usr/share/enigma2 but it the ipk installer seems to think it's still there
Hi do you have a link to download the skyNEW package for dreamplex please?

It should mate...
Hi chabs.
Have you got a download link to the SkyNEW dreamplex skin pack please?
Thanks.

Last edited by a moderator:
Really nice ...like it..

Can you still double click on the info bar to display the respective satalite the channel comes from...

Version 2.003 has been uploaded in Post #1

You can update by following instructions in Post #1, by getting it though Woosh Build Infinity skin section or Chabs Plugin if you have V2.000 and above.

Nothing major has changed, just few elements positions.

:)

Hi Guys

just updated my image on zgemma h7s from openatv 6.0 to 6.2

I installed 2.03 for skin , now my tabs on epg dont work . and the epg looks
different than before I like it

many help would be greatful . also tried to install plugin 1.03 with no luck

Hi Guys

just updated my image on zgemma h7s from openatv 6.0 to 6.2

I installed 2.03 for skin , now my tabs on epg dont work . and the epg looks
different than before I like it

many help would be greatful . also tried to install plugin 1.03 with no luck

You need to go plugins, Chabs Skins then choose the version of the tabs you want by pressing the right or left buttons on your remote.

Sky has changed their Graphic User Interface. So the look has changed from the previous versions...You can see the images on Post #1 unless you havent set the settings on your epg sceen which shows the default EPG screen..

You need to go plugins, Chabs Skins then choose the version of the tabs you want by pressing the right or left buttons on your remote.

Sky has changed their Graphic User Interface. So the look has changed from the previous versions...You can see the images on Post #1 unless you havent set the settings on your epg sceen which shows the default EPG screen..
When i go to chabs skins on plugins, i get the blue screen, then the box reboots, any idea why that is?

I have done that . but I dont get all the tabs like before, do you have the older version plugin that had all tabs showing

Last edited:
Back