skyNEW Skin

Thx for the skin. Works great until i move the PY files over then it just seems to keep flashing between 14, 15 & 20% when booting up.

Is this normal or am i being impatient and need to give it more time? Running openvix.

Last edited:
I have Chabs SkyQ Skin installed and I am trying to download this skin using the ipk but clashes of the skin keeps coming up not letting me install this skin. Is there something i need to do to install this skin apart from removing the skyq skin?

Wondering if on the info bar where it has started will this ever be something like started 20 mins ago or something like that

Channel numbers in EPG

Chabs, is it possible to add channel numbers to the EPG in your next release or can it be done with current release but modifying some file?

Im putting together a new ATV 6.0 image for the Edision mini combo, started with yesterday’s nightly build, added plugins & all is going as it should but I have the following problem:
when loading Chab’s SkyNewskin &/or SkyQ skin everything is skinned except the EPG screen (EPG button), no other mods or skins have been installed…

Rebuilt the image twice now with the same result… any ideas why the EPG did not skin?

UPDATE: found my answer after lots of searching.... posts 570 & 573 here http://www.techkings.org/openvix-openatv-skins/89189-skyq-skin-29.html

menu/setup/EPG... in GraphicalEPG change PIP to YES

Last edited:
There's a lot of issues with skins on atv 6.0 probably best waiting a bit longer before using it.

Last edited:
I have Chabs SkyQ Skin installed and I am trying to download this skin using the ipk but clashes of the skin keeps coming up not letting me install this skin. Is there something i need to do to install this skin apart from removing the skyq skin?

Same problem for me, it's failing because two of the .py files this version wants to install are already provided by the skyQ skin!!
Is the only way to remove the SkyQ skin?

Will give it a try - using slyk right now so interested to see how this compares. thanks Chabs

---------- Post Merged at 03:01 PM ----------

Will give it a try - using slyk right now so interested to see how this compares. thanks Chabs

Alas it won’t let me download. Says I don’t have permission. any ideas ?

Can anyone tell me if the skin and skin settings are saved by Backup Manager? I need to reflash my Vix box with the same image version to get rid of a problem and want to understand if I will have to reinstall my skin afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can anyone tell me if the skin and skin settings are saved by Backup Manager? I need to reflash my Vix box with the same image version to get rid of a problem and want to understand if I will have to reinstall my skin afterwards.

Skin settings are stored in the settings file which does indeed get backed up with a settings backup along with other bits and pieces.

Skin settings are stored in the settings file which does indeed get backed up with a settings backup along with other bits and pieces.

Great stuff, thank you!

Back