skyNEW Skin

Can anyone tell me if the skin and skin settings are saved by Backup Manager? I need to reflash my Vix box with the same image version to get rid of a problem and want to understand if I will have to reinstall my skin afterwards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Skin settings are stored in the settings file which does indeed get backed up with a settings backup along with other bits and pieces.

Great stuff, thank you!

Well my skin didn't get saved! Have to reinstall from scratch!

Well my skin didn't get saved! Have to reinstall from scratch!

Sorry, I have just seen the Skin & skin settings. Your skin won't be saved with a settings backup as it is a plugin and not a setting. You will always have to re-install plugins if they are non standard unless you do a complete backup which will make a mirror image of your box.

I need to reflash my Vix box with the same image version to get rid of a problem and want to understand if I will have to reinstall my skin afterwards.

You said you had to re-install from scratch... install what? The IPK for the skin? It isn't a hard job for you really though as you had already done it before.

Like I said though, sorry I missed the Skin being backed up part of the question and only read skin settings. But restoring the settings backup will have set the skin (once installed) back to how you had it.

How do you enable these to be able to scroll across, say: All Channels > HD > Entertain etc etc
[sp]

92b48bddc78e604ff8f168805e1f797b.jpg

[/sp]
Plus......any recommendations on some better Picons?

Toon

Last edited by a moderator:
[sp]
How do you enable these to be able to scroll across, say: All Channels > HD > Entertain etc etc
92b48bddc78e604ff8f168805e1f797b.jpg

Plus......any recommendations on some better Picons?

Toon
[/sp]

Use the prev/next buttons on the remote control

Last edited by a moderator:
IPK & Chabs Plugin Update - v1.003

While Chabs is on holiday in the sun I took it upon myself to make a new IPK which includes the EpgSelection.py file and installs with the IPK. I have also fixed the automatic skin update feature in the plugin which means future skin updates "should" be available at the press of a button. - I missed an error when first making it.

The EPG tabs will ONLY work with the "Sky Alternative" layout which you select using the "Chabs SkyQ & SkyNew Skin Selector" plugin.

Not being a skin capable person, I was unable to make the "Sky Default" layout EPG tabs works - Sorry.

I hope this helps people.

I am sure that when Chabs returns with a tan he will sort it all out.
This IPK is version 1.003 of the skin.

Please download the IPK from and install using the steps in post #1.

Click here to download

Last edited:
Can anyone please do a little guide on updating Top Picks please?

I seem to be going round in circles, picking up bits of info here and there but not making much progress.

How do i stop this from flashingView attachment 21459

Already tried turning off blinking via Menu/Set Up/Useage +Gui/Display/Display Settings/"Show Blinking Record Symbol On Dispaly During Recording" Select NO doesn't work.

Even re-flashed WB from scratch just in case it was something to do with me updating from wb4 to wb5

̶A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶s̶t̶ ̶i̶'̶m̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶a̶ ̶o̶c̶d̶ ̶m̶i̶s̶s̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶p̶o̶s̶s̶i̶b̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶m̶o̶v̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶y̶/̶p̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶x̶ ̶l̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶?̶
̶
[sp]1.png[/sp]

Sorted it
[sp]
cH5WMd.png
[/sp]
Now just need to suss the blinking View attachment 21459

Last edited:
IPK & Chabs Plugin Update - v1.003

While Chabs is on holiday in the sun I took it upon myself to make a new IPK which includes the EpgSelection.py file and installs with the IPK. I have also fixed the automatic skin update feature in the plugin which means future skin updates "should" be available at the press of a button. - I missed an error when first making it.

The EPG tabs will ONLY work with the "Sky Alternative" layout which you select using the "Chabs SkyQ & SkyNew Skin Selector" plugin.

Not being a skin capable person, I was unable to make the "Sky Default" layout EPG tabs works - Sorry.

I hope this helps people.

I am sure that when Chabs returns with a tan he will sort it all out.
This IPK is version 1.003 of the skin.

Please download the IPK from and install using the steps in post #1.

Click here to download

Wooshman,
I had downloaded the SKYNEW skin from the plugins (green button to download plugins) and it was version 1.004..... This 1.004 version is the "Sky Alretnative" version (EPG tabs work) and does not include the "Chabs SkyQ & SkyNew Skin Selector" plugin, to allow switching between the 2 options.

I have since removed the skin, used the IPK from here and added it back. Now I have the "Chabs SkyQ & SkyNew Skin Selector" plugin, in plugins. In Menu, Information, About the version number still shows as version 1.004 (This is just a heads up in case you plan on using a ver 1.004 in the future).

Wooshman,
I had downloaded the SKYNEW skin from the plugins (green button to download plugins) and it was version 1.004..... This 1.004 version is the "Sky Alretnative" version (EPG tabs work) and does not include the "Chabs SkyQ & SkyNew Skin Selector" plugin, to allow switching between the 2 options.

I have since removed the skin, used the IPK from here and added it back. Now I have the "Chabs SkyQ & SkyNew Skin Selector" plugin, in plugins. In Menu, Information, About the version number still shows as version 1.004 (This is just a heads up in case you plan on using a ver 1.004 in the future).

Melvis you are running WooshBuild which already has the equivalent fully working version Sky WB, Chabs completed the WooshBuild version for us before he released his own. This Sky NEW skin isn't related to WooshBuild hence the different version numbers.

I have updated Chabs IPK for his skin purely so the EPG tabs work on his "Sky Alternate" layout for anyone who has downloaded his Sky NEW skin this thread refers to.

Cheers Chabs and Woosh for this. Love the layout and I've noticed my box seems to be more responsive than it was when changing channels. Well done. ;)

epg.jpg
thanks wooshman for the tabs fix
is there a way to make the record&record series back to the blue background as its black now.
epg2.jpg

Last edited:
The Skin also comes with 2 .sh scripts for the Top Picks.

SkyScrape.sh scrapes images from the net and skyNEWPicks.sh picks up the images to display.

In your Cron Manager or Cron Time (Open ATV Menu - Timers - Cron Timers) You need to set SkyScrape.sh once a day and skyNEWPicks.sh every 1hr or whatever you wish to have the images updated.

This bit is new to me.

Can someone point me in the direction of what it does please?

I've set it up in the Cron Timer but can't see what it's doing.

Thanks for any help.

Is there any way to stop the recording symbol flashing or is that not a skin function? It's turned off in settings but it still keeps winking at me. lol

Last edited:
Is it possible to remove the Get the Bouquets to appear as a list when you press EPG.

as in I don't want any Top Picks. I have turned off top picks on an config.

Appreciate the work mate but for me the EPG selection still does nothing even with the sky alternative enabled and the lipk you uploaded. I guess I must have a setting wrong somewhere :(

Is there any way to stop the recording symbol flashing or is that not a skin function? It's turned off in settings but it still keeps winking at me.
I've asked the same question about 3 times, tried turning it off in settings, & even tried editing the skin, got nowhere so switched back to slyk skin.

Back