skyNEW Skin

hi Just trying to install this skin but keeps saying parts of it already exist. Is it clashing with my skyq skin if so how do i completley remove the skin

thanks in advance

How are you adding the ipk? from telnet?

If so try adding an extra - to the command:

opkg update && opkg install --force-overwrite /tmp/*.ipk

Can't promise it will work.

hi thanks for your reply im using filezilla to transfer to the tmp folder and tried installing thats where i get the error messages

Have you got the toppicks cron timers added? They will be located in usr/script - move these to your desktop so the folder is empty and try installing the skin again.

If you have an older version of the skin or a similar skin installed I think you need to remove it before installing the new one.

Go the the plugins menu & choose remove plugins.

Last edited:
hi thanks for your help just down loaded dcc can u give me dummys guide how to use telnet please

this is the wrong thread for tel net stuff and I use putty not DCC.

You basically connect to the box by ip address or box name and login using root as the username and should have no password so just press enter. You then need to type the command above and see if it works.

You need to search the forum for telnet stuff or google really - I am a telnet noob in the grand scale of things to be honest.

you might want to try the plugins first if you just want to remove a skin, Green button, Red button "remove plugins" then see if the skin is listed under "Skins" and delete it before adding the new one

Hi guys I've installed the skin but my bouquets show up in a standard list with a little folder next to every set of channels how can I change this? Cheers

Yeah just trying to figure out how to load it lol.

- - - Updated - - -

20170223_130244.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Every thing else is fine just this screen, oh and I need to add some picons.

Attachments

• 20170223_130244.jpg
    20170223_130244.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 222
Already set to no mate, I'm struggling here to get it anything like chabs screen shots, I'm on openvix if that helps.

From full screen TV

Press TV button -> Menu button -> Settings - Set number of rows to 12 and save settings

Hi guys just a quick one....i cant get any picons now. is there something i need to switch on.i know i cant download theM through plugins anymore. i know i have them i can see the package when i go to remove plugins.its just that there not working.if i switch back to skyq bang their there. thanks guys.
Sorry i meant the preview picon.the others are working fine in epg menu

Last edited:
Back