SkyQ Channel selection screen Mod

markus625

HI Guys

Thought it best to start a new thread for my Mod for the channel selection screen for chabs SkyQ skin.

Below is the 1.5 version tested on my mutant

Just choose which version you want i.e Vix or standard to use on other images etc.

version 1.5 channelselection.jpg

For Vix
version 1.5 channelselection. for vixjpg.jpg

---------- Post Merged at 11:27 AM ----------

Please refer to these settings below.

asset.php

<font color="grey"><font size="1">---------- Post Merged at 11:30 AM ----------</font></font>

Youtube clip from my previous testing.

[video]https://youtu.be/b8eaPvfwzhQ[/video]

Attachments

• SkyQ Mod 1.5 for all boxes.zip
    274.2 KB · Views: 145
  • SkyQ Mod 1.5 for Vix.zip
    274.3 KB · Views: 174
  • channelSelection_settings.jpg
    channelSelection_settings.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 294
Instalation instructions

Unzip either SkyQ Mod 1.5 for Vix / all boxes

Copy Ch_Select_Mod folder to the skyQ skin folder
Copy the skin.xml to skyQ folder (overwriting the original)
Copy skin_ORIG.xml to skyQ folder (this is the original skin.xml file incase anything messes up , just rename)
Restart Gui

To get the channel selection looking like mine with just the channel numbers and channel name do the following.

1: Press down arrow to show the channel selection
2: Press menu
3: Select settings
4: Channel list preview = yes
5: Show event progess in channel selection =no
6: Show Channel numbers in channel selection =yes
7: Show crypto icons =none
8: Show service type icons =none
9: Show picons in service list =no
10:show columns = 600 pixels wide
11:Number of rows =10

12: press green for ok to save settings

all other settings as standard.

This is my latest mod for the alternative channel selection screen or Slimchannelselection if you have vix, Ive managed to get it looking and behaving just the a skyq box that when you scroll down or up the infobar stays the same but you can scroll the channels etc.

New_infobar.jpg

New_SlimChannelSelection.jpg

The only caveat here is you have to change the UsageConfig.py file to start from 1 as the default is 3.

config.usage.serviceitems_per_page = ConfigSelectionNumber(default = 16, stepwidth = 1, min = 3, max = 40, wraparound = True)

Change to min = 1
config.usage.serviceitems_per_page = ConfigSelectionNumber(default = 16, stepwidth = 1, min = 1, max = 40, wraparound = True)

You can now go to the settings in the channel selection and select number of rows to 1.

Are there any other files to edit for this setting or just upload a new UsageConfig.py with the change made? which menu do you alter the number of rows in?

cheers

Guys it's a new info bar and yes a modification to the userconfig file is needed, I've not uploaded one because everyone's setup is differant.

I believe the channel selection mod as been implemented on Vix now but that would require a new image to be flashed on ur system.

This is my latest mod for the alternative channel selection screen or Slimchannelselection if you have vix, Ive managed to get it looking and behaving just the a skyq box that when you scroll down or up the infobar stays the same but you can scroll the channels etc.

View attachment 18828

View attachment 18829

The only caveat here is you have to change the UsageConfig.py file to start from 1 as the default is 3.

config.usage.serviceitems_per_page = ConfigSelectionNumber(default = 16, stepwidth = 1, min = 3, max = 40, wraparound = True)

Change to min = 1
config.usage.serviceitems_per_page = ConfigSelectionNumber(default = 16, stepwidth = 1, min = 1, max = 40, wraparound = True)

You can now go to the settings in the channel selection and select number of rows to 1.

That looks great. Where do you go to alter the usage.config.py file? Thanks

Also, how do you get the large channel picons on the left hand side of your channel selection screen? Mine just shows the standard channel picons which look a bit 'meh'.

Last edited:
Can someone please upload an edited usage.config.py file? I'd like to try this mod to see if it finally cracks the issue of the main channel picon and the programme description changing when previewing another channel.

View attachment 18828

View attachment 18829

Change to min = 1

Would this mod work on the skyNEW skin?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back