SkyQ Skin

dsayers not sure if your reply was an answer to my question, but I wasn't asking about the preview box on the info bar just picons in general.

I take it you need to use picons with the skin? What picons are you using chabs?
I use the 8bit transparent white 100×60 picons.

I custom make them myself. They are SNP service name picons and not SRP service referance picons.

I can give u a link of my dropbox if u want to.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

SNP (Service Name Picon)

8-bit Transparent White (100 x 60)

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/1etxhqd1jf5oyuc/AADHi4N3LIUmM4CKKF5NyyU4a?dl=0

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

can you post a link for the picons you use on here please bud. yours look ace on your screenshots of the skin

Uploaded Mate...

---------- Post Merged at 08:24 PM ----------

That would be much appreciated chabs! Either here or by PM, thanks again.

Uploaded mate...

You can change the name of the picon to what appears in the channel list. If any picons missing please do let me know because they need to be constantly updated...

:)

ive done that but they aint showing on my skin???

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 PM ----------

I cant get the picons to show at all!!!

Have a look through the other threads you may need to turn them on in settings and there's different ways to do it on different images

any change of putting a sky q logo on here that I can use as a boot up screen
Sure...i can make one 4 u 2mrw...720p or 1080p??

^^ me too please chabs. 720p will be fine. Can you put skin, boot logos and Picons in your Dropbox? I shall buy you a beer mate! [emoji1] Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok put the picons on chabs how to I set it to only display in the top right corner and not next to every channel in the epg?
TIA
In the channel selection screen...press menu then go settings and select no to show picons on channel list...

ive done that but they aint showing on my skin???

---------- Post Merged at 09:03 PM ----------

I cant get the picons to show at all!!!
Make sure the folder is called picon

Restart ur receiver after that...

any change of putting a sky q logo on here that I can use as a boot up screen
Sure...i can make one 4 u 2mrw...720p or 1080p??

^^ me too please chabs. 720p will be fine. Can you put skin, boot logos and Picons in your Dropbox? I shall buy you a beer mate! [emoji1] Good work!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No worries mate...i will do that...thanks but I dont drink...

how do you install the virtual zap plugin, as ive downloaded your file from dropbox but stuck as to what to do next
Make sure you have downloaded the VirtualZap plugin

Create a folder name VirtualZap and put all the contents in there

Fpt the VirtualZap folder to usr/lib/enigma2/python/plugins/Extension

Restart ur GUI

And go plugins and its there...

sorted the picons bud. a handful missing, mainly itv, sony tv, mtv +1
They are there mate...just rename the picon with the name as it appears in your channel list

+ name is as plus not +

Example:

Itv+1 should be itvplus1

It should be all small letters and oneword

Not had chance to try this yet so can't comment on the skin, but for people that have already installed chabs' IPK file from the first post, here is all the images recompressed. Just ftp the folder over the original one on your box. /usr/share/enigma2

This will save you about 1.25mb in size. Which will speed it up slightly.
Unfortunately the majority of the size of this skin is all the large icons (about 3 mb). Not something I would have included for this very reason, and the fact the glass effect graphics are complicated, so don't compress easily....but this is Chabs is skin, so its his prerogative how he designs it... I am trying to keep my nose out as much as possible. (which is very hard ;) ).

Also I notice a few people have mentioned me in the comments. Just for the record, this skin is all Chabs work, I have had no part in it. The praise all goes to him. All I have provided is one graphic and a tiny bit of advice.

(requires IPK install first from first post)
View attachment SkyQ.zip

...and thanks Chabs for the quick mention in the xml comments :)

I will try it soon when it's safe for me to start messing with my box....

where do I rename them mate? inside FileZilla?
From the folder i sent you. You will see all the picons there...just rename it there and jst ftp the picon over to ur box...easy that way because you get to preview the file and the logo...

Not had chance to try this yet so can't comment on the skin, but for people that have already installed chabs' IPK file from the first post, here is all the images recompressed. Just ftp the folder over the original one on your box. /usr/share/enigma2

This will save you about 1.25mb in size. Which will speed it up slightly.
Unfortunately the majority of the size of this skin is all the large icons (about 3 mb). Not something I would have included for this very reason, and the fact the glass effect graphics are complicated, so don't compress easily....but this is Chabs is skin, so its his prerogative how he designs it... I am trying to keep my nose out as much as possible. (which is very hard ;) ).

Also I notice a few people have mentioned me in the comments. Just for the record, this skin is all Chabs work, I have had no part in it. The praise all goes to him. All I have provided is one graphic and a tiny bit of advice.

(requires IPK install first from first post)
View attachment 16811

...and thanks Chabs for the quick mention in the xml comments :)

I will try it soon when it's safe for me to start messing with my box....
Stop being humble kiddac...i told u i dont mind any feedback. I just had to rush up the skin as I am back to work now.

I hv the easter holidays coming. I will tidy things up including the converters and also I have to skin dreamplex.

Thank you

it's not being humble...it's keeping my distance....coz I will annoyingly ask you to tweak many things. This is V1. I will let the masses give their feedback first before I get anymore involved. But your future mission is to get this below 3mb. :eyes:

I personally think its ace. got all picons working now aswel. 1 niggle is when I press down or up button to see the channel list it only gives a description for the program that is showing. would be mint if the next and later sections also had a description in the boxes

Back