slow booting times

dsayers2014

VIP Member
hi i have an acer aspire e1-531 running windows 10 with 4 gig ram it's quite a few years old and getting slow so the first thing i want to do is increase the boot speed can anyone recommend what apps i can disable on startup please see screen shots for which services i can disable thanks
Screenshot (37).jpg

Screenshot (38).jpg

I'll be also looking at cleaning up by pc could anyone reccomend a good clean up program as well please.

First thing I would do is uninstall AVG as it is horrendous, and then download SuperAntiSpyware Free and run a full scan.

really i've always found avg runs great i had the free version and upgraded to the paid version i'll give it a test do you have any recommendations where i could download it

i use microsoft security esential its free and i would disable all u dont use at startup which will be 98% of them plus banks and isp give free security

the only app you want to start with windows is your antivirus.disable all others.avg is a bit of a resource hog,try avast.mse isnt worth a crap.even microsoft admits that.

Back