Slow interface

Hi all of a sudden my box is constantly showing the circle on the top left corner and the interface menus are slow to react to my remote commands.

I not sure too be honest. Ive had usb hdd plugged in but where would i tell?

---------- Post Merged at 08:51 AM ----------

Right just found it my epg gets downloaded yo my usb

is your usb hdd powered or is it a usb stick,yes epg to usb stick is good,as said maybe overloaded with plugins.

Ok, try it without the ethernet unplugged or cam disabled, is it still slow?

Blue button, softcam manager, highlight active cam, stop.

When i press blue i cant see softcam manager? Can i get to it through menu?

---------- Post Merged at 09:53 AM ----------

Yes tried switching off

Yes, menu, set up, softcam/ci, softcam manager.

When there press menu and make sure show in extensions is set to yes, save and exit.

Yes, I had a similar issue where MGCamd was slowing the box down, I changed to oscam, you could un-install the softcam and install a fresh version and try that if you want

P.S. if you selected show in extensions your softcam manager should show after pressing blue button while on any channel

Last edited:
Are there any risks in uninstalling softcam and how do i do a fresh install

---------- Post Merged at 10:37 AM ----------

Ive just restarted softcam and plugged internet back in and its all slow again

Go to menu, plug ins and press download plugins, see if it works, wait as it can be slow, especially if your box is running slow, it will need to be connected to the internet, when its finished you will either get a plugins menu or a not available error. Dont download, just exit, it was to make sure you can download before un-installing. Or you could try CCcam....what cams are there in softcam manager?

Can you use DCC or filezilla and get a back up of your line details or do you already have them?

Back