Slow IPTV & Speed Test

databiz

Friend has IPTV. Mag322. His IPTV keep freezing but when watching IPTV all wifi connections slow down. WiFi usually fine but not when watching IPTV.

Have Fab Fibre Now Broadband up to 38MBS. I have done several speed tests. All except one speed test showing 30-35 MBS.

One speed test showing approx 10 MBS. Have done several times and each time same results. Website showing 10MBS is - speedofme.

Trying to figure out if its server or broadband. If server WiFi shouldn't be affected when watching IPTV. Also why speedofme showing 10MBS and others 30MBS. Big difference. Which is accurate

Opinions appreciated

Only do a Speed test via Network Cable, not via wireless.
make sure nothing else in connected in your House & using Bandwidth when you do the test.
When watching IPTV, you are using the Bandwidth to Watch IPTV, if anything else connects then that uses what's left and then will slow your IPTV Experience down / issues.
38 meg is OK, But FHD can take 20 meg off that straight away when watching something, and then if others are connected they take the other 18 meg..

Only do a Speed test via Network Cable, not via wireless.
make sure nothing else in connected in your House & using Bandwidth when you do the test.
When watching IPTV, you are using the Bandwidth to Watch IPTV, if anything else connects then that uses what's left and then will slow your IPTV Experience down / issues.
38 meg is OK, But FHD can take 20 meg off that straight away when watching something, and then if others are connected they take the other 18 meg..

When I did the test nothing else was connected. WiFi and IPTV box was disconnected.

Unsure if it is 30. Almost all tests showed it was 30 plus except one.

Could it be the server then as IPTV does freeze even when others not using connections? Spoken to supplier who advised no issues down his end, Have a neighbour who uses same supplier and his works fine.

Can it use as much as 20 meg by watching IPTV?

Just trying to figure out if server or broadband

20mb is slightly ambitious at h264 full hd probably will use 5-7
Is your iptv freezing on all channels all the time it just at peak times ?
are you double sure your not connected to a vpn ?

20mb is slightly ambitious at h264 full hd probably will use 5-7
Is your iptv freezing on all channels all the time it just at peak times ?
are you double sure your not connected to a vpn ?

Its at friends house so unsure if all channels. Only kids watch so mainly cartoon channels and yeah peak times when kids are home from school. Most times when they are watching.

What I don't get is why WiFi slows down when the IPTV is being watched.

He does have 2 servers so might get supplier to switch servers but said no one else having issues.

Your internet will naturally slow down when watching IPTV has most of your internet bandwidth usage will be being used by your mag box.

I would say streaming iptv on mag box would take no more than 15 meg in bandwidth. I think people on here a running on far less if a server has load balancing you may only need 10 meg.

Back