Slow wireless speeds on virgin hub 3

Can anyone help me please? I've just switched from BT (75meg) to virgin vivid 300 meg. Had nothing but trouble with the speeds since. When on BT my mag box was getting 45 meg and flawless but since with virgin am lucky to get 15 meg. Even my firestick is slower with this. Has anyone else on here had the same experience please, or better still does anyone know how I can improve the speeds. Rung virgin who said do a test connected to a laptop which gave a speed of 250 meg, my iPhone is getting 90 meg

Can anyone help me please? I've just switched from BT (75meg) to virgin vivid 300 meg. Had nothing but trouble with the speeds since. When on BT my mag box was getting 45 meg and flawless but since with virgin am lucky to get 15 meg. Even my firestick is slower with this. Has anyone else on here had the same experience please, or better still does anyone know how I can improve the speeds. Rung virgin who said do a test connected to a laptop which gave a speed of 250 meg, my iPhone is getting 90 meg
Have you tried the mag box hard wired see if that improves performance it could be the wireless dongle or wireless device your using that can't handle the speeds

Sorry baz I never got back to you but after I posted it, I went away for Xmas and new year and only just got back. I have it hard wired through TP links. It was perfect when I was with BT

you could check your channel using a wifi analyser, maybe the channel that your using is overlapping on a neighbors...or better still use the 5 ghz if your devices can connect rather than the 2.4ghz

I’m also having similar trouble with my vm hub 3 I’m on vm 200 I’ve just moved and took the equipment with me in my old house with the exact same equipment I was getting around 210 wired and around 180mbps wireless even upstairs I would still get around 160-180

However now I’ve activated the stuff in the new house the speed is pathetic wired I’m currently getting 40-60mbps and wireless around 20-20mps if I’m in the same room as the router if you go upstairs then it goes as low as 4-5 I’ve had them on the phone several times and not getting any further forward

They sent an engineer out who re cabled the wires inside the house which has led to a small improvement in speeds they were about half what they are now at first but it’s still nowhere near what I’m paying for

On the phone to them again last night about it they ran speed tests and got the same poor results one thing they did do was run my laptop with the router in modem mode which then gave me a 200mbps speed but as soon as it switched back to the standard router mode the laptop speed dropped to 40mbps wired

I just can’t work out what is causing the problem I’ve only moved round the corner as we’ve bought a house in the same street as we were already renting and the equipment worked fine In the old house

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

same here mate suffering horrendously slow speed's i on 100mb and im getting like 2-4mb ffs cant even atch eyeptv cos of it my consoles keep dissing and wifi is shocking also

i have checked a network status on the router and im getting these results!
Wired client on port 2 is running at 100 Mbps.

Device connected on port 2 is running at a lower speed of 100 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available speed.

Wired client on port 3 is running at 100 Mbps.

Device connected on port 3 is running at a lower speed of 100 Mbps and is not utilizing the full available speed.

Wireless guest network is Disabled on 2.4GHz.

Wireless guest network is Disabled on 5GHz.

I would suggest using your old BT hub as wireless access point and connect wireless devices through that the vm router is awful when it comes to wireless.

The other thing to do for others that did wire it up buy a gigabit network switch and run the one cable from vm router to the switch and have all your device go through the switch again that is much better at handling traffic.

Those vm hub3 do have lot of issue if you was on lower package i would suggest dropping to hub2 but you can't with the package you have unfortunately.

Was you getting the full 76 speed when with BT?

With mine I’m now getting a decent speed in the living room near to the router around 180ish but if I go up/downstairs it drops through the floor to around 10 downstairs and around 20-40 upstairs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back