Sly blocking iptv

My iptv fine and I've got ee fibre broadband and don't seem to have any problems with it havnt had to disable anything on my settings when has ee started blocking it but will keep checking
I have done this and still no access to my IPTV via my Zgemma box it was working fine until we changed from Sky to EE, it has been tried at 2 other properties both with different providers and works fine, can you please suggest what I can do? I have the main screen and the EPG but nothing listed. I am in my 60s and hubby disabled so this is his social life and we have been without for over 3 weeks?? Thank you

Great. Thankyou.
I have done this and still no access to my IPTV via my Zgemma box it was working fine until we changed from Sky to EE, it has been tried at 2 other properties both with different providers and works fine, can you please suggest what I can do? I have the main screen and the EPG but nothing listed. I am in my 60s and hubby disabled so this is his social life and we have been without for over 3 weeks?? Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok are you certain that the box is actually connected to the internet ? If you have IPTV player plugin installed, check that it works if not download from plugins and check that streams are working (movienight should open )

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Switching Smart Setup on and off on the BT Home Hub 4 or Hub 5

You can turn Smart Setup on or off in the Hub Manager. Here's how:
  1. Open the Hub Manager by going to http://bthomehub.home or 192.168.1.254 in your web browser
  2. Click on Advanced Settings
    smartsetup_on1.png

3. Enter the admin password. Unless you've previously changed it, you'll find the default password on your Hub settings card on the back of your Hub. If you have changed it and now forgotten it, you can use the password override feature to set up a new password
  4. Click on Continue to Advanced Settings
    smartsetup_on3.png

5. Click on Home Network and then Smart Setup
    smartsetup_on4.png

6. Click the appropriate radio button to turn Smart Setup on or off and then click Apply
    smartsetup_on5.png

Hi lynda I'm with ee for my home broadband and my iptv works fine I don't seem to be having problems with ee and iptv have you tried turning your router off and waiting a couple of minuites how is your box connected to the Internet is it wifi or ethanet cable if it's working at other peoples properties then must be either fault with broadband somewhere if it's working at different properties

Switching Smart Setup on and off on the BT Home Hub 4 or Hub 5

You can turn Smart Setup on or off in the Hub Manager. Here's how:

• Click on Advanced Settings
      smartsetup_on1.png
    • Enter the admin password. Unless you've previously changed it, you'll find the default password on your Hub settings card on the back of your Hub. If you have changed it and now forgotten it, you can use the password override feature to set up a new password
    • Click on Continue to Advanced Settings
      smartsetup_on3.png
    • Click on Home Network and then Smart Setup
      smartsetup_on4.png
    • Click the appropriate radio button to turn Smart Setup on or off and then click Apply
      smartsetup_on5.png
Thats for bt broadband pal not ee she states she's on ee in her post lol

Hi lynda I'm with ee for my home broadband and my iptv works fine I don't seem to be having problems with ee and iptv have you tried turning your router off and waiting a couple of minuites how is your box connected to the Internet is it wifi or ethanet cable if it's working at other peoples properties then must be either fault with broadband somewhere if it's working at different properties
Hi we are wifi which is working and it was working up to the point of switching to EE I know I agree but can't understand orcwork out why it's suddenly not working the epg is blank the clock is not correct time even switching off this morn to see if would show correct time and it doesnt

I haven't tried switching router off or on I will do shall I with press rest?

Ok are you certain that the box is actually connected to the internet ? If you have IPTV player plugin installed, check that it works if not download from plugins and check that streams are working (movienight should open )

It's connected just as it was with sky sky turned internet off EE turned theirs on but I will get someone to check thanks

Hi we are wifi which is working and it was working up to the point of switching to EE I know I agree but can't understand orcwork out why it's suddenly not working the epg is blank the clock is not correct time even switching off this morn to see if would show correct time and it doesnt

I would try and reflash your box then re install your iptv

well you need to install a virtual private network on your zgemma or router if EE are blocking iptv servers,

EE Broadband

For EE broadband you will want to disable orange safeguard (content lock), please follow these instructions.

1. Log in or register your account at https://myaccount.ee.co.uk/login-dispatch/
2. Click DEVICE&USAGE in the menu and scroll down to content lock
3. Turn content lock off
I have done well someone did it for me but n change when you do that do you need to do anything else

well you need to install a virtual private network on your zgemma or router if EE are blocking iptv servers,
Sounds complicated but may look into it

My iptv fine and I've got ee fibre broadband and don't seem to have any problems with it havnt had to disable anything on my settings when has ee started blocking it but will keep checking
I don't know since when butvwhen I rang re my problem the guy on the line told me their routers are blocking tptvs now maybe that's the new type?

I don't know since when butvwhen I rang re my problem the guy on the line told me their routers are blocking tptvs now maybe that's the new type?
Im with ee and my iptv works fine never had a problem with them with iptv working on mine as I watched f1 today on iptv from Austria

I haven't tried switching router off or on I will do shall I with press rest?
Just turn power button off on back of router wait a minuite then turn it back on

Has anyone suggested checking the network settings on your zgemma?? Might not help but worth checking? May need resetting or rediscovering?

Major issues in ROI with sly broadband blocking, speed tests good, tried with eirr all good, conclusion sly bb blocking

Just turn power button off on back of router wait a minuite then turn it back on

extremely bad advice!
just "turning the power button off" may result in your line having DLM applied, which will result in a slower connection.
if you keep doing it then you will adversely affect your line.

you should never just kill the power on the router, you should always do a graceful disconnection of the DSL link before powering off the router.

extremely bad advice!
just "turning the power button off" may result in your line having DLM applied, which will result in a slower connection.
if you keep doing it then you will adversely affect your line.

you should never just kill the power on the router, you should always do a graceful disconnection of the DSL link before powering off the router.

Really i have never had a problem just turning off the router ?, It has always sorted the problem for me

doing it regularly will result in the line monitoring thinking you have a fault on the line and DLM will kick in to try and make your line stable, which can result in your line speed dropping.

doing it once should not cause any problem, doing it more can.

regardless, the correct way should be to gracefully disconnect the DSL first before rebooting.

however, the whole "reboot your router" thing is mostly hokum IMO.
chances are you reconnect on the same IP and same gateway which means the reboot has done nothing other than reset your uptime to zero.

doing it regularly will result in the line monitoring thinking you have a fault on the line and DLM will kick in to try and make your line stable, which can result in your line speed dropping.

doing it once should not cause any problem, doing it more can.

regardless, the correct way should be to gracefully disconnect the DSL first before rebooting.

however, the whole "reboot your router" thing is mostly hokum IMO.
chances are you reconnect on the same IP and same gateway which means the reboot has done nothing other than reset your uptime to zero.
So when your provider for bb tells you to do it everytime there's a fault or they tell you to reset it is that bad advice I always turn my box and router off everytime never had a problem still get the same speeds as I was prior and as @londonfox says he's never had a problem so how can it be bad advice

hokum LOL This it is not nonsense have a read of this
https://www.consumerreports.org/wireless-routers/why-you-need-to-reboot-a-router/

So when your provider for bb tells you to do it everytime there's a fault or they tell you to reset it is that bad advice I always turn my box and router off everytime never had a problem still get the same speeds as I was prior and as @londonfox says he's never had a problem so how can it be bad advice

@bazcfc1 That was not bad advice, When your connection goes wonky and you unplug the router for 1 to 5min and reboot it and it sort's the problem OUT thats what you do LOL

Back