Sly box and zgemma.

Hi, my mother is having problems recording her programs on her zgemma, she likes the interface/features of the original sly box she has, and wants to go back to using it for basic things like the series link recording and use the zgemma for sports ppv etc 1. I know it can be done on the zgemma but she's old and I'm sick off explaining that to her when she loses the last 5 minutes of corrie.

My question is. She has 2 l sly lines coming in. Can I but a splitter for each line, so I can have line 1 split between line 1 on the zgemma and sly. And line 2 between zgemma and sly line 2. I know you can't watch 4 channels. But if she turns the other box off when say she's using the sly box, will the tuners work?

Thanks in advance Xenoletony

Yeah no problems doing that myself using either box. If you Google you can config the sky box to become a single tuner too to help eliminate any issues

It can be done, but be aware that unless completely powered down the genuine sky box will still use the LNB.
You can add buffer time before and after programs in the recording settings menu on vix if that helps?

I have both my boxes on all the time flicking between them and never had any failed recordings on either if what you mean Gman?

Agreed! Was very surprised. Plus I used the sky service app so they called me and every 2 days thereafter till sorted.

Back