Sly Sports Cleared?

zeroi13i

Hey all,

Bit of a clickbait title i know but just to check if anyone else has had this, had a search about the forums and couldn't find anything else about it, anyway.

Now because i keep turning my Zgemma off at the wall when i go to bed it always loads on Sly Sports 1, Yesterday morning i switched the box on in the morning but never put the TV on and went off to work, came home in the evening switched the TV on and there was a picture of a football match frozen on the screen and not my boot logo/blank screen. So at some point during the day the channel has cleared. Hopefully some good news but all we can do is wait :).

Cheers.

Nothing new unfortunately. Seen others say they've had dark channels clear for a matter of seconds early in the morning before going dark again.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ohh well, just strange since the channels are now on different transponders, so the original channels should not even be broadcasting on the old transponders anymore. Has there been any more info from the streamboard?

No way? i thought that's why certain channels weren't clearing, they had been moved to 2 new transponders, Not a clue where i read this, was a while ago. So does anyone know why there not clearing? I'm sure i read the channels are still clearing on the old box's with old cards? That's why i assumed it was a transponder change not an encryption change.

its an encryption change but no one outside of sky truly knows exactly what has been done (or if they do it's not being made public)

it is believed to be icam which they are using and the icam hardware has been in boxes for years
icam = integrated conditional access module
if it is that then it does raise the question of why it has taken this long to invoke it

I'd guess it was a failsafe if cardsharing ever got too big. And now is that time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back