Slyk 1 planner question and hs2 info.

rob1975

hi guys and gals.
i think im in the correct forum for these, i recently purchased a v8s which is great, got a gift great, but now wish to move to the next level (i can pass v8s on to family) i have read the majority of posts regarding the slyk 1 /blue hd skin (may of skipped a few of the pages!!!). i cannot find much info about the sly + side of things, myself and wife mainly use our + box to record shows and watch at a convieient time so the planner and series link especially are a priority. This skin which looks amazing and i know the coder kiddac has put hundreds of hours into it, but there is very little mention of series link, can anyone confirm it can be series linked , works well and maybe a few lines on how to would be fantastic. huge thanks in advance.

next i am assuming the h2s is superior to the s2 as ive read its faster etc, am i correct that the h2s is correct for me as i have 2 saterlite feed and do not have a cable feed. cheers
rob

I have just upgraded to the H.2S and am not disappointed. I too read that it is much faster than the 2s and that's why I chose it.

I have 2 tuners set up, and am able to record on one whilst watching another. I am also able to record both at the same time. I am using sucmnsee's image which I believe uses kiddacs skins, are at least a modified version and am able to scroll through the daily schedule and set it to record just as easy as with sky. I hope you find that helpful

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The H2S is my first box and with kiddac's SlyK skin v3 installed and a correct setup of plugins (or by using an image as mentioned above), there are only some small differences to sly that you will soon get used to. I was looking at a V8s as my first box until the misses put her research head on and found the Zgemma range at the same time I found the Slyk skin.

The H2S is just what you need for your setup, mine is exactly the same.
A large USB stick or external HDD for recording and away you go.

thanks woosham and tadpole, good news then so my main concern now is just about series link as life can be a bit hectic to scroll each day/week when series link on + box makes it very easy wondering if anyone uses this option, and also if it works well as the missus will not be happy to miss out on some of her favorites!!!!
cheers rob, and all the best to whoever takes a minute to read this.

In short the series link works like a +box

In long:

We series linked out guilty pleasure of the last 3 Geordie Shores in the series.
Pressed the Record button on the EPG like you would Sly, and you get the option of Add Timer or Add Auto timer. I am no expert with this as not really used it but we has the last three recorded and ready to watch.

Add Timer seems to be to just add what you select just once
Add Auto Timer is the same as series link.

Please, if anyone can give more info on this or if I am wrong please put me right, but so far both methods have worked for us.

thanks wooshman, happy new year.
a litle more info from anyone whos used this feature regular would realy help me to take the plunge,
ive got a 250gb usb hdd but also read maybe a seperatly powered one is better for the box?

its not often I record but as above green button to add timer (single recording) & blue button to bring up auto timer (multi recordings such as series)

as an example I used auto timers to record a full series of thinking tackle, had to select each episode I wanted but as they showed up with series & episode numbering it was easy to select the ones I wanted from the listings available, checked to view them some time later & the box had recorded every episode without fault

Last edited:
thanks beakyford,
is there anyone else on here who uses the auto timer/series link function quite a bit and can confirm its userbility as 80% of our wiewing is done by this on the +box, cheers

I would just take the plunge to be honest. When you have the Box in front of you with Kiddac's Slyk V3 skin on you will be blown away and so will the misses.

USB - I run a 300gb 2.5" external drive which is self powered from the box usb port at the back of the box. I have had no issues with pause / rewind / recording at all.

I will have an image uploaded in the next couple of days which will be right up your street. With some minor configuration to import the EPG and pointing it to your hard drive you will be up and running in about 15 minutes.

it is recommended not to use an external HDD that draws its power from the USB port on the box as this can stress the USB port & power supply, advise found on this site is to use a HDD that has its own power source.

thanks for the repies, if someone does use series link all the time more please let me know how good or bad or glitch free etc it is thanks,
the new box will be getting ordered soon and ill have a look for a seperate powered hdd.

I think you need some screenshots as you don't seem to be getting the idea that setting up a repeat timer is very easy. It's not done in the exact same way as sky, but it is still very simple.

Now for instance if I want to record casualty.

I would go to the epg and highlight casualty.

timer1.jpg

Now I have 2 options green button add timer or blue button add auto timer

Add timer can be used to to set a standard 1 off record or it can also be used to record a series if the programme you are recording is always on at a set time on a particular day.

timer2.jpg

The other options Auto Timer is like above but with a few more bells and whistles. This will look for a particular programme title, then it can look for all instances of it on all channels at all times depending on what filters you specify.

timer3.jpg

then to view your recording you would then just go into your movie file list and play any of your recordings.

Last edited:
thanks Kiddac huge appreciation for your efforts in the skin and im sure your advice here will help clarify how simple it is to use this feature, the mind is made up v8s out h2s in. im sure more help will be needed in future but hope not to ask stupid questions all the time lol. the Plus bit is a huge factor and it looks simple enough so here goes.:yes!:

rob1975 with a nice clean/fresh image installed with Kiddac's outstanding new skin on these faster 2nd gen zgemma's you wont look back once you have got it setup propperly, the members & the help they offer on this forum is second to none imo.

The h2s is a brilliant box for the coin! Agree with Beaky once set up properly with your chosen image and kiddac's skin you won't give sky a second thought.

Back