Slyk Q Skin Mods v1

gmanpanthro

TK Veteran
Transported part of my newest channel selection mod from slyk-1-hd over to the new Slyk Q skin to allow the user to scroll up/down the channel selection screen via the use of the infobar. This way the user can continue to watch the programme currently showing in full screen mode.

Without mod

9fcf08343ef4632172d6b4e2be08fd29.jpg

With mod

2462ad97883b3bed4ba9f437cb704cf4.jpg

a7071fa72ecadadc2164b20a17bb85ab.jpg

Download

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/fgpb3izpt1onopc/AACZ1uR84jmswM1NYJKBHxJ0a?dl=0

2 months in the making. less than 2 hours for it to be mutilated. :(nice to see you have got a bit of decorum.

Just a suggestion ino its not on the original slyq but have being talking to a few sly installers and most of there costumers are complaining about no epg tab on the epg menu i think it an issue sly themselves need to sort out is it possible to get this done in the future?

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

good to see my idea was taken before i could post the thread
dont think im going to do this skin anyway. never like the q skin, so happy modding

And you probably should have your rows set to 12 if using this layout. The elements on the sly planner were designed to fit into a 36 pixel high row. Where as Slykq most of the rows are 55 pixels( 8 rows). This is also the reason I haven't put a background image on this page. Vix doesn't center align the icons on the default movie planner layout. So an 8 row layout actually looks really bad on vix. 14 rows is perfect for vix. 8 works good on openatv.

Last edited:
How do you get the planner to look like this. I have installed ur mod but it's still the same as the original.

Just a suggestion ino its not on the original slyq but have being talking to a few sly installers and most of there costumers are complaining about no epg tab on the epg menu i think it an issue sly themselves need to sort out is it possible to get this done in the future?

Anyone?
I don't know if you know or not but it's still the same buttons you press for the tabs to work

Tmc... Lots of guys posting in these mod threads have never done any skin work until they thought i will just have a go at changing this, tweaking that. It's complicated writing a skin from scratch. It isn't really that difficult amending a particular screen that has already been designed and has all the correct elements. The hardest part is finding what the screen name is called. The point i am getting at, is why don't you try and get your hands dirty. Have a go at doing it. Its just a case of finding the tab element in my slyk-1-hd skin. Copying it to my slyk-q skin. Positioning it right. And repositioning and resizing some of the other elements to squeeze it in. Because at the moment there is no room for it

Is there an extras file for this? Just after changing the slyk logo to the official sky one as you could in the other skin if possible.

Tmc... Lots of guys posting in these mod threads have never done any skin work until they thought i will just have a go at changing this, tweaking that. It's complicated writing a skin from scratch. It isn't really that difficult amending a particular screen that has already been designed and has all the correct elements. The hardest part is finding what the screen name is called. The point i am getting at, is why don't you try and get your hands dirty. Have a go at doing it. Its just a case of finding the tab element in my slyk-1-hd skin. Copying it to my slyk-q skin. Positioning it right. And repositioning and resizing some of the other elements to squeeze it in. Because at the moment there is no room for it
Would be very interested in learning how to do all this there is 1 or 2 things i dont understand
1.what is a py file and how do you edit it?
2. An xml file ino how to edit it but problem i never know what im editing is it a matter of trial and error?
3. Instead of wrecking your head with stupid questions is there somewhere you can do a crash course on this?

Transported part of my newest channel selection mod from slyk-1-hd over to the new Slyk Q skin to allow the user to scroll up/down the channel selection screen via the use of the infobar. This way the user can continue to watch the programme currently showing in full screen mode.

Without mod

With mod

Download

Is there a way you can keep this as normal but change the movie list screen (so just th one mod)? I like the epg TV guide but when I install your mods from
Dropbox I get both of the mods?

Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Without mod

With mod

Download

Is there a way you can keep this as normal but change the movie list screen (so just th one mod)? I like the epg TV guide but when I install your mods from

Cheers

Yeah, ull need to edit the file q-mymods.xml and just delete the section for screen channelselection. Save and restart gui

Without mod

With mod

Download

Cheers

Yeah, ull need to edit the file q-mymods.xml and just delete the section for screen channelselection. Save and restart gui

Is there anyway you could tell me exactly what section to remove, I tried to edit this...

"<screen name="ChannelSelection" flags="wfNoBorder" position="0,0" size="1280,720" >
<panel name="ListTemplateCS" />
<!-- channel -->"

But the skin didn't load back up after the edit am I editing the wrong part?

Thanks and sorry for all the questions [emoji5]

Back