Slyk Skin Mods v5

Status
Not open for further replies.
<panel name="t1-time" /> in epg.xml

which is a template panel thats coded in main-templates.xml

which uses my custom time component from C:\Enigma2 Skins\slyk-1-hd 5\usr\lib\engima2\Components\Converter\SlykClockToText.py

ha ha

if you don't want to change all screens, copy the code from main-templates instead. And paste it into epg.xml

<widget source="global.CurrentTime" render="Label" position="885,38" size="335,32" font="Regular;25" foregroundColor="skyblue" backgroundColor="skydarkblue" valign="top" halign="right" transparent="1" zPosition="3">
<convert type="SlykClockToText">SlykHDDate</convert>
</widget>

Hey guys, I've replaced the default planner with BIGC0L's version, the one without toppicks (post #809), everything looks great but now the infobar won't show the seekbar, slider, etc. The only thing that gets displayed where the seekbar is supposed to be are markers after I set them. How can I fix it? Thanks in advance.
57b6d5a75e2524e9a9b8a628af404af5.jpg

Absolutely love this skin, ever since V1. What i do miss though is the ECM on the top right of the second infobar. Not really a fan of it on the bottom of the screen on this version. Is there any way for me to put it back as per previous versions? Thanka

Hopefully this will be an easy question to answer.

I've just rebuilt our box from scratch and trying to get the EPG back to what it was before. At the top of the EPG I only have the "Sky All Channels" tab (don't know what they are called) and a large bank to the right.

Been banging my head on a brick wall trying to find how to display more than one "tab" at the top like this which has 'All Channels | Entertainment | Movies | Music' etc;

19465d1473465985-slyk-skin-mods-v5-1_0_1_1290_7ea_2_11a0000_0_0_0.jpg

Reading through 61 pages hasn't given me any clues and I'm not sure where it is in the EPG setup menus.

Help!

It's a 3rd party hack and not originally part of the skin or your system. visit my slyk 1 hd thread. click the download link. In my dropbox is instructions on how to get the EPG tabs showing.

I must admit I am pretty annoyed at you with this entire thread. I have been following it for a few days to see if you correct your ways. But as you feel no need whatsoever to credit me for anything on here or in your files and then quote it's a new skin I feel I must highlight what is actually mine.

My graphics

epg-back.png
line-h.png
menu-back.png
options.png
setupc-back.png
setupl-back.png
setupr-back.png
pin.png
planner-bg.png
radio-infobar.png
plugins.png
Virtual keyboard graphics.
possible my coloured buttons
enabled.png

most if not all of my epg graphics

all my extensions graphics

backward_large.png
clock.png
downloaded.png
epgclock_zap.png
epgclock_zaprec.png
expandable-plugins.png
expanded-plugins.png
folder.png
pause_large.png
ico_crypt_off.png
ico_crpyt_on.png
icon_tuner_a.png
icon_tuner_b.png
icon_tuner_c.png
icon_tuner_d.png
input_error.png
input_info.png
input_question.png
lock.png
lock_error.png
lock_off.png
lock_on.png
lockBouquet.png
marker.png
part_0_4.png
part_1_4.png
part_2_4.png
part_3_4.png
part_4_4.png
part_new.png
part_inwatched.png
series.png

All the select bars are based on my gradient choice.

toppicks2.png
toppicks3.png
toppicks4.png
toppicks7.png
toppicks8.png
catchup.png
kids.png
planner.png
sports.png
tv.guide.png

install.png
instable.png
installed.png
noprev.png
remove.png
update.png
upgrade.png
upgradeable.png

My individually custom coded movie planner for openatv and openvix

My custom am/pm on all screens.

My custom times and dates.

My custom timeshift.

The mod crews toppicks.

And do you know what I wasn't to mithered when you were doing this for the openpli forum without creditting me, but on here I think your wrong. Everyone knows the amount of effort that went into slyk just for you to pass it off as your new skin because you have tweaked a few screens.

Last edited:
Mods Crew Credits

Good Morning Guys,

I hear that last night kiddac accused me of using your mods in my skin without giving you guys credits:

Could someone please confirm all the below mods that I took time at your requests to modify for you guys so that they could work with the Slyk HD skin as his/her's work?

infact, I believe I posted the 3rd Event in the Infobar 1st before seen in any Kind of SKY look-alike skin ever made for E2. You can confirm the date and time of my post in the below quotes. I never seen my name being credited in Slyk HD unless it was made in transparent text... :)

Anyways I just need to clarify this issue as with the Mods Crew 1st before someone starts his tantrum again of hanging his so called boots AGAIN, demanding for VIP status and threatening 2 quite.

If by mistake I had used anyone's mods in my skins without a mention, please do let know so that I can credit you accordingly.

Thank you all very much and have a lovely day.

Chabs

@kiddac

I have managed to get the 3rd event to sow up on the infobar and 2nd inforbar including the 3rs event start time and end time. The problem is I cant seem to convert it to am/pm. Been playing with your converters but my mind is blank now...

If you interested please let me know and I will PM you the files to play around with...

Screen Shot Below:

View attachment 19351

This skin absolutely rocks and in my opinion is by far the best sly looking skin out there! With kiddac's genius and the hard work for the different mods available the differences between the skin and official sly are incredible!!

Enigma2 :

View attachment 19482

Official :

View attachment 19483

Great work everyone :)

The Official Sky EPG Screen (No Yellow Tab):

View attachment 19494

E2 Sky Skin:

View attachment 19496

You can also have the menu screen in the same format as the epg splash screen which will be taking the same pics from the script...

Screenshot:

View attachment 19614

I've been having a little play around with the movie selection screen / planner

I've removed the 'info' and 'menu' buttons at the bottom right

Added in the text 'Press SELECT to view' at the bottom

Added in png file for 'Press i for more' to the left of the mini tv - have tested with long descriptions and it doesn't get in the way :)

Removed the trashcan info

Changed the text at the top from 'All' to 'Recorded'

Added record button on each line, and up/down arrows for official sly look

Lastly, changed 'Recorded Show' on playback to 'Recorded Movie' (this is just my preference as i record mostly movies opposed to tv shows)

Orginal :

View attachment 19672

Modified :

View attachment 19673

I am now trying to shift along the RGYB buttons so they sit in the middle at the bottom, but having trouble finding where the code lives ; I downloaded the default movieselection.py from github but can't find...yet

Files for this mod here

FTP movies.xml to usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd - overwrite existing but create a backup first

FTP button-record-2.png , button-arrow.png , info-mod.png to usr/share/enigma2/slyk-1-hd/myicons

Restart GUI

This is how it is supposed to be:

View attachment 19676

:)

Got the Menu screens to change the 1st top left image to the respective selection menu

Screenshots:

View attachment 19678

View attachment 19679

View attachment 19680

View attachment 19681

View attachment 19682

Last edited by a moderator:
there you go... fully referenced. :)

** v5.105 now available **

sorry, new components added so FULL install required.

I wasn't originally planning to do this, but as I was helping chabs achieve this with his openpli sly infobar, I thought I might as well code mine up and see what it looks like. Plus I was getting hounded off the mod thread crew to do it.

So here we are. The 3 program infobar (with ellipsis too - that work most of the time). And although this may look easy, there is no way to do this in enigma2 without custom components and then I had to hack them to death to get the 12 hour clock on them too. Not an easy task for someone that doesn't really write python code.

i think you will find that you were actually referenced when it was brought in in v4. But as that thread was wiped when v5 was released there is now know reference to it. Have a nice day. :)

No You did not kiddac so stop lieing. This was for V5. Look at the title of this thread SLYK SKIN Mods V5 not 4!!!

You did not credit me for anything, so stop defending yourself. I have quoted all the posts I made of which you claimed I copied from the the Mods crew including the 3rd Event in Infobar...so now tell me what I copied here?? I have always told you, you can say anything about your skins in your thread and it wont matter to me but I will not let you diss me or my skins!!!!

which is why I have just re-read my entire threads. I thought it was in version 4 that I brought it in, but it was actually brought it in late in v5 in the release mentioned above. Where it clearly states I borrowed the idea off you. So when you have finished abusing me, just accept that I do reference people and you haven't been doing. It's only simple manners.

which is why I have just re-read my entire threads. I thought it was in version 4 that I brought it in, but it was actually brought it in late in v5 in the release mentioned above. Where it clearly states I borrowed the idea off you. So when you have finished abusing me, just accept that I do reference people and you haven't been doing. It's only simple manners.

I am sorry but I am not trying to abuse anyone. I always credits people in my skins and not just in post but in skin.xml. You can check SkyQ skin.xml and your name is there as referenced along with every1 else who contributed. So please dont tell me anything about manners. I appreciate everyone's work, contribution and effort. I have never dissed or spoke bad about any of your skins and I never will because I appreciate your talent, effort and time.

I did the same with skynew skin but I have realised the skin.xml has been minified so it has taken out all the # comments and text.

You were out of order to go on the skin thread and post whatever you did. You could have PMd me if there were any issue. Like I always tell you, I dont do these skins for fame or money or VIP or beer funds....its my hobby and I share with whoever likes it...so whether you credit me or not it makes no difference in my life. I live a life outside these forums.

Anyways enjoy your day.

The argument is nothing to do with the Q skins. Mine and yours are two totally different skins with our own individual personalised graphics.
But these 2 skins are too close for comfort. I don't know if the entire message I posted was forwarded onto you or just a section of it. But you will notice it isn't really abusing YOU, it is bringing to peoples attention what is what.
There was many opportunites in that thread to correctly reference people and you choose not to. i.e the constant question of when is YOUR movie planner available (which is still being asked)
And yes obviously I look at peoples source code. Yes I know it was minified. But ironically there are also comments in the plugins that state something like "if i am reading this, I have ran out of ideas". Which I know is not directly your doing, but the irony of writing such comments made me laugh.

"if i am reading this, I have ran out of ideas"

That is my doing and my coding as you know and isn't directed at people who make skins but for those who like to pull plugins apart and then use them like most WooshBuild plugins have been.

In full it reads:

# This plugin is written by WooshMan on behalf of Chabs
# to allow easy switching between skin options
#
# If you have got this far you have clearly ran out
# of your own ideas!

and is in all three py files. As it will be in all of my future plugins.

Last edited:
Yes kiddac, that is my skins movie planner. can you please compare your slyk hd movie planner screenshot and the skynew planner screenshot and please do tell me if they are the same? I try copy skys gui as close as I can while you keep saying your skins are more practical??

The idea of having a round shaped colour button was mine as SkyQ doesnt have colour buttons and also having the rectangle masked to cover the top picks images is mine too but you never seen me in your thread telling people that when you keep claiming "your" version is better or what is what.

For your information most of all that you post last night was incorrect and just your assumptions. They pngs might look like urs but if you look closley to the sizes and colours you will realise that they are not yours.

Now let me make this thngs clear to you AGAIN

My 1st complete sky.new skin was realesed on 25/04/2014

1_0_19_1B1D_802_2_11A0000_0_0_0 (2).jpg

1_0_19_F13_7D5_2_11A0000_0_0_0.jpg

Kiddac's TK join date: 28/07/2015

So Basically, I started making sky look alike skin almost 2 years before even Zgemma boxes were made and before even you had an E2 box. So how can these skins One which has been there over 3 years and another just over 1 year old be the same??

Please look at the colour buttons?? Do you remeber which colour buttons you used in your 1st Version of Slyk HD??

button-red.png button-green.png button-yellow.png button-blue.png

See the shadow of the colour buttons...yours are at the bottom, mine are on the left hand side just as the way they should be...but somehow, yours evolved and I wonder where you got them. But you dont see me saying you copied or took my pngs or graphics.

So next time you want people to what is what, do it somewhere else and not in my skin thread!!! Get that clear...

""

I am closing this thread as the original skin that the mods applied to has been removed.
This was at the insistence of the original member and Admin merely did what was demanded !
Any posts in any other threads that are purely "that one's better than that one" will be removed.
Posts should be relevant to the thread and contain info/questions/answers and not just an ego boosting trip !!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back