Smart TV - no App?

atariman

Hi, I have two Samsung smart TV's, the older one is a D8000, for whatever reason there doesn't appear to be an IPTV app available for this model, the BBC iplayer app isn't available any more either, so I'm just wondering if it's an age issue, or does anyone know whether there's any other way of getting IPTV other than an external source like amazon TV etc? The newer one has no issues.

This is from the siptv home page
Important! The application works only on TVs starting from E series. It doesn't work on C or D series TVs.

That rules that one out then what about smartSTB is that still on there? I do not own a Samsung so not sure.

Hi, sorry but I've been very busy working just recently. I rather thought it was an age issue, like thesultan09 points out, it's not available for the 'D' series, but thanks anyway. I haven't looked into the smartSTB, I'm literally just back, but I'll do so tonight, so thanks again for that rpidemon. The newer Samsung has no issues whatsoever, I see there's an Amazon fire stick due for release in a week or so here in the UK, so at least that will suffice, thanks again and sorry for the delay in picking this up, Regards

Okay, I looked at the smartSTB app, but similar problems prevail in that the app is essentially for post 2012 TV's and as mine was the last of the 2012 'D'series, it won't work. But looking at it generally the consensus suggests there are some issues mainly associated with VOD, so clearly the test period is a must, also, it's rather more expensive too at around 25 euro's, and like siptv, no refunds if it doesn't work. The old D8000 3D TV really is a cracking set so I'll probably look to the new fire stick, so my thanks again gentlemen for your suggestions.

When IPTV first started I used the Siptv app on an early Samsung Smart TV and to be honest I didnt check out the test channels they provide. Subsequently I purchased the app, I think it was £5 but had all sorts of problems with vod. In the end Siptv offered me a refund and partially agreed it was a problem with older samsungs playing some codecs. So if you have an old samsung I would suggest you buy a box of some type, forget the apps.

Firesticks are a decent punt for IPTV at a decent price as well. My apologies I didn't check compatibility for the ss app.

When IPTV first started I used the Siptv app on an early Samsung Smart TV and to be honest I didnt check out the test channels they provide. Subsequently I purchased the app, I think it was £5 but had all sorts of problems with vod. In the end Siptv offered me a refund and partially agreed it was a problem with older samsungs playing some codecs. So if you have an old samsung I would suggest you buy a box of some type, forget the apps.
Yes, the newer Samsung works great as I said, no issues at all, but I couldn't even get the app for the 'D' series, hence I think the new fire stick is a decent bet, it can handle 4K too. But I have made progress with the Zgemma, although I really like the set up I have for the newer Samsung, but thanks for your comments

Back