So.....whats the Best Box To get guys

jinsta

Sorry been asked zillions of time, but as time passes there’s usually advancements so just picking the brains of present on this one

Used to have the old Kryptview 750 until it died off and then kind of went away from the whole scene - did arm myself with a Rasb Pi & XBMC and whilst it hits the movie/boxset fix...really after some live TV again

Seems the KV 850HD is bit hard to get hold off, but will fish for one if worthwhile

Quite a few other names on here (just from subsection talk) and also duel sky/cable boxes too ...so what’s the best to get? after longevity as they don’t seem that cheap anymore too

Also them bstd boxes, do they need both feeds? Guessing yeah (don’t have sky dish…guess could get one if worthwhile)

I’ll deffo do more of my own research on rec’s just need a shove in the right direction

Ta in adavnce

It all depends on your budget.

£70 - 80 gets you a basic box like Amiko or Q5, basic epg, PVR, HD

£150 upwards gets you an E2 type box, most people seem to be using the VIX image (that's what they call firmware for Linux boxes).
Better build quality, 7 day EPG, PVR , HD.

Autoboquets allows the box to update the channel list and EPG overnight while it's on standby.

£300 ish gets a quad tuner

A combo is a twin tuner, usually 1 sat tuner and 1 cable tuner.

You will need to pay a subscription to a server, expect to pay about £70 - 90 per year for cable, sat is cheaper.

A combo can run cable, sat or both if you have virgin BB and a sat dish.

Hi, I only know one box which I got a few weeks ago. Seems quite good and has both Sat and Cable tuners. Can record stuff using a USB which I do or any hard drive that plugs into a USB port I think. Full 1080p.

It's the XPEED LX2 HD Combo £140

The Amiko seems to be very popular. I think it's much cheaper too but I don't know the pros cons of that. The Miraclebox Premium is one of the best I've read but for the Rolls Royce you have to get a Vu+ Duo? Quite a few quid that one though.

Good luck in your search :)

Back