Softcam

thebigone

zgemma h2h on start up I have have to start the cam every time is this correct ? Or should it start automatically any help would be appreciated

I take it your using a patched openvix image.?
You need to check your settings and enable the autostart of the softcam in the softcam menu.

There is no function to auto start the softcam on ATV, once started it should be fine. Are you placing the box in standby overnight or doing something else?

That might be your problem.
If you continue to run it that way then you might just have to restart your softcam on a daily basis

Used to do same with a amiko A3 spark2 for a year without a problem . Is this a warning that these are cheap Chinese boxes & the only good thing about it is the fact it's e2 operating system ? After three days messing around with it a would take amiko A3 combo over it .

If wife wants box turned off at night.
I agree with her them Chinese boxes along with there power supply are not known to be the safest.
plus be honest it not very hard to start the cam once a day:grin:

zgemma h2h on start up I have have to start the cam every time is this correct ? Or should it start automatically any help would be appreciated

Which cam are you using? if its mgcamd put this before your line in newcamd.list
CWS_KEEPALIVE = 300
CWS_INCOMING_PORT = 21000

Works a treat :(y):

Last edited:
If powering off at wall each night make sure you do a 'deep standby' before turning off at the power. Remember if the box is powered off your epg etc won't update automatically as normally this is set to update early in the morning.

Put the box in deep standby and then turn the box back on after a few minutes and check if the cam starts automatically, you shouldn't have to restart the cam every time so I wonder if it's because your turning power off without doing a deep standby first.

Back