Software error, continuous reboot (screenshot)

Jargonaut

I've been trying to flash my s2 to fix this problem but I'm having problems getting it to boot from usb stick so I'm made this seperate thread to see if anyone knows if this could be fixed without reflashing. I've attached a photo of the error.

11149571_10153192581509300_5527357689317925157_n.jpg

If uve removed the permanent usb and still not working working needs reflashed.

Hddguru free low level format tool on pc.
Full format with it then full format with windows. Niether quick. Should fix usb to flash

I've just tried exactly that but no joy. Is there anything I should be doing to make it boot from usb or does it do it automatically if it's plugged in and has the right files?

Using hddguru. Untick quick so it full formats.
Same with windows after.
Then should just be put the zgemma folder onto usb.
Box off
Usb in back.
Box on.
Should briefly say boot then flash for 5 mins before continuing to boot again.
Thats using vix.
Atv slightly different.

Advice is try diff usbs and i dont like sandisk.

Thanks. I've just tried a 16gb lexar and a 64gb verbatim. Currently formatting an 8gb toshiba stick. Full low level format and normal full format fat 32 but still no luck.

---------- Post Merged at 04:21 PM ----------

I'm an idiot. Your instructions say usb in back. I moronically assumed that was for another device because I thought mine only had a front usb. Flash in progress! Thanks for the help.

No, I was away for a couple of weeks and when I came back the box was like this. It may have been turned on during that time.

Sorry for sticking my nose in, but vix just boots and flashes from usb stick, but others like openatv need you to push the button on the front when turning the m/c on and releasing when it says flash. I tended to leave the usb in after flashing cos there was other stuff on it. Openatv just said usb-boot but vix said usb-flash.

No its just coincidence then.
Did setup 2 months ago. Same thing happened.
Did another today. Again, same thing.
Took home.
Repeated steps.
So fresh flash, USB setup, swapfile, abm scan, epg etc.
Repeated 3 times in different orders and found that uninstalling mediaportal was culprit.
Both houses wanted adult removed.
Hiding adult sections was fine.
Unonstalling mediaportal worked fine.
But reboot would crash and loop.
Tested 3 more times same result.
Python linked file not found so restarting.
Thinkn context.lib

Snap mate. Mediaportal doesn't like been deleted on your images ;)

Sent from my HTC Desire 610 using Tapatalk

Hi All after flashing and setting up all good to go. Do i have to remove the usb or leave it in permanently or can i take it out i get the same image occasionally saying your Zgemma has to reboot due to software error. The Usb i currently have in is only a 4gb if it has to stop in is the 4gb ok or is it not big enough to store the info.

Thanks

Back