Software update

I never check for software updates as never used them ,but weekly seems an awful lot of image bugs need fixing?

What is this on?
No info doesn’t help sorry

My h7c and h5.2tc both have had updates over the last week on atv 6.2

i have 35 updates today on the h7
and 33 updates on the h5.2tc

and both updated no problem for me anyway

Ive tried 3 times and I’ve had the same thing for at least a week it just says nothing to update, which is strange
I’m using Grogbuild freerange on a H52tc

No mate I only flashed with Grogbuild Freerange about 3 weeks ago, I was under the impression that all you need to do with this build is keep up to date with software updates and there is no need to ever flash a build again, but it’s proving a little tricky updating

No mate I only flashed with Grogbuild Freerange about 3 weeks ago, I was under the impression that all you need to do with this build is keep up to date with software updates and there is no need to ever flash a build again, but it’s proving a little tricky updating
Out of interest what base ATV are people using, I've just checked my h5.2tc running Grogbuild FreeRange on ATV 6.2 and I've got 145 updates, I've not flashed it for about a month and probably not done software update since then either. My Vu+ is showing 88 updates available and that was last updated about 2 weeks ago, again using ATV 6.2

When you go to software updates, it says updates 0
until you wait a few mins while it downloads the package list, just done mine and I'm on similar setup as you, H2h with Free range installed a fortnight ago, mine's showing 106 available
Openatv6.2
not sure whether to install the updates though...

If you look at ATV nightly images, for h1/2 and h5.tc and probably others they haven't released a nightly image for atv 6.1 for the past 2 weeks.

As Grog has said its down to the version of Openatv I’m on 6.1 and I recon that’s why there’s no updates available
Going to change to 6.2 Tomoz

When you go to software updates, it says updates 0
until you wait a few mins while it downloads the package list, just done mine and I'm on similar setup as you, H2h with Free range installed a fortnight ago, mine's showing 106 available
Openatv6.2
not sure whether to install the updates though...
It’s my version of Openatv mate on 6.1 that’s why no updates available

I think you would make a settings backup and flash 6.2 online and then follow the infinity instructions.
Then restore your settings.

Back