software update

gray1313

TK Veteran
h2h box with 6.2 open atv using wooshbuild infinity just would like to know if its safe to do a software update without losing cams or e2iplayer because as we all know from recent posts open atv has been messed up lately to put it lightly

If you're worried just make an image backup and save it on your PC.
Why do you need to update it, is something not working properly?

If you're worried just make an image backup and save it on your PC.
Why do you need to update it, is something not working properly?
no dont need to update willo just usually do when i find there is new updates i had a look at the updates that were available there was 35 and one was e2iplayer thats why i am asking as people have lost there e2iplayer using open atv i will just leave it then for now thanks again

personally I wouldn't, I've got 96 < on my VU+, if its working at the moment I would leave it be, even when you've only got 35 updates, the amount of times I've seen boxes get stuck in a boot loop after software update, I tend to go the whole hog though when I update, I just reflash.

You can, if you really want to update E2iplayer on it's own, either remove the plugin and then install it again, or Menu -> Setup -> Software Management -> Advanced -> IPKG\Packet Manager and look for enigma2-plugin-extensions-e2iplayer

i will just leave it as you said you never know what will happen its just that people were saying that there e2iplayer had dissapppeared after updating it with open atv on box and cams dissappearing after a reflash with open atv as well thanks again grog68 i will leave it as it is

I've just updated e2iplayer and its still there, I thought it was epg importer they where talking about that has just been removed from plugin browser as not used regularly

Back