Solo se v2 hdd

nedman87

Ok so I made a bit of a boob and bought the vu+ solo se "v2" instead of the solo 2.

this was discovered when I came to install a hdd.

will this box work just as good as the solo2?

also I take it there is no way to connect a 2.5" hdd internally? I already bought a seagate m8 2.5" 1TB so I'm guessing now I need to get a case to store it?

thanks
craig

There`s no way you can install internally m8, so yes, an external case is required, they are both good boxes with the right image installed in it....!!!

Was going to use latest vix and use sky or skyQ skin and install kodi. Or do you recommend a particular image?

that should work ok?

Yes latest vix is 4.2.001, yes i believe kodi can be installed [ one in their feeds ] and there is a blue [ sky ] skin for the box as well....

I presume one of the sky q skins will work aswell? Or is it best to go with the sky blue skin for now? Can always give it a bash I guess?

Nah there is no cable in the box. I meant to buy a solo 2 but I bought a solo se v2.

as I have the internal hdd now I have ordered a USB powered e-Sata box to stick it in so I will use the USB port for power and the e-sata port for data.

Will need to wait until that comes now for setup.

Last edited:
there are 2 models of this box 1 for vm cable and other for sat,did you buy correct one? you use an externally powered hdd for these boxes as i have stated many times before.

Thanks cactikid!

yup I def have the sat version.

I just bought the v2 instead of the solo2 which can have a hdd installed.

i was just checking the box is still fairly decent incase I had to send it back and get a solo2

Last edited:
Cactikid,

Is there any reason I should not use the e-sata port?

i bought an internal hdd thinking I had bought the solo2 so was just going to make use of it.

Back