Some advice Please on IPTV Zgemma h2h

A111

Hey folks.
Thought I would come and say hi.

It's been a while, 10+ years since I looked at this stuff. I last kicked this around when it was niagra 2 and on star view boxes hooked up to VM if memory serves me right.
Landscape has massively changed since then.

I was hoping to get some pointers. Iv read a few threads and found some decent videos so I'm pretty sure on how to set this up.
What I'm looking for is your opinions.

First of all "back in the day" I could grab a file for my star view box free from the net and this would unscramble my V channels.
It seems today we need to buy these from resellers and suppliers as gifts which are valid for x amount of months.
1.Do I understand this correctly?
2. Are there still free files floating around that would work with say a Zgemma h2h or an IPTV app on a smart TV?
3. IPTV vs Zgemma h2h, any real difference what do you guys prefer and why?
4. HD Quality: Running free view via built freeview receiver on my samsung TV gets me HD channels at 1080i. Can you guys get 1080p streams using IPTV? Can you get 1080p channels on Zgemma h2h?
5. Audio? For the guys running either the IPTV app or Zgemma h2h, what's the Audio quality like? Are you getting 5.1 streams via your receivers?

Thanks folks. Looking forward to diving into this abit more deeply.

Thanks for moving the post to the right thread.
Iv got VM 300Mbps
Box will connect straight to the Vm cable via a splitter (source>splitter> (box/broadband)
I'm pretty good on the hardware side.
Was really hoping for peoples opinions on the other stuff :)
On another note. Iv got coach potato running on my NAS units for shows that I can't get via Netflix and amazon prime.
Really interested to under stand what kind of HD quality you good folks get on IPTV (smart TV app Samsung ) vs the box.
Thanks folks.

Back