Cable Some channels blank on h2h

Hi, I have added a mgcamd line to my h2h and have tried various builds but only certain channels are working, for example sky sports 2hd but no other sports hd. Some movies but not others etc. I was advised it may be the signal is too strong so I have added a variable attenuator. This does not seem to have made much difference. Any ideas why some channels are blank? It either says service on found or tune failed. That is on openvix currently. Help greatly appreciated!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You shouldn't be able to watch any sly sports or movie channels. Obviously, you are not aware of the majority of channels going. More importantly, the chance of them ever returning is remote. Take a look on here and you will find loads of posts on here about it. Best alternative now is iptv. If you have just bought a line from a provider, they should have made you aware of the limited channels available. The chance of them going dark in the next few weeks is also immensely likely.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

I had that issue with the H2S so bought a H2H and gone down cable route. This is the first I've ever heard of the virmin channels going too? You sure you're not getting confused with satellite channels on H2S?

So sorry soulcasual. You could be quite right here. I was under the impression that regardless whether your box was satellite or cable, card sharing on all formats was on the way out and the only next available option was iptv. Hopefully, someone who has a h.2h can help you further.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

H2h is fine, check your net id is set and in tuner its set. If they arent google virgin net id, find yours and then rescan

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

H2h is fine, check your net id is set and in tuner its set. If they arent google virgin net id, find yours and then rescan

Sent from my SM-G928F using Tapatalk

I have managed to do it now by doing a manual scan. All channels now there except sky sports 1 hd for some reason!

What image are you using?

If you're using a decent backup image from this site then all channels will appear in the bouquets providing you have set everything up correctly.

With VM the requirement for a manual scan is rare tbh as autobouquet maker does everything when you do the scan from there...

Would seem strange you pickup all channels except SS1 HD

1st thing - check the image you're using

2nd thing - as KDMann said check net I'd and set tuner

3rd thing - check your cables, it is recommended to use VM RG6 and check splitter if using one (technetix 5-1000mhz recommended)

4th thing - scan using ABM

5th thing - Check with line provider (although this would be an unlikely issue if all other channels are working)

6th thing - well no idea as everything above should provide all that you need...

Please post the results or if you've fixed it already so others can gather info for the future

What image are you using?

If you're using a decent backup image from this site then all channels will appear in the bouquets providing you have set everything up correctly.

With VM the requirement for a manual scan is rare tbh as autobouquet maker does everything when you do the scan from there...

Would seem strange you pickup all channels except SS1 HD

1st thing - check the image you're using

2nd thing - as KDMann said check net I'd and set tuner

3rd thing - check your cables, it is recommended to use VM RG6 and check splitter if using one (technetix 5-1000mhz recommended)

4th thing - scan using ABM

5th thing - Check with line provider (although this would be an unlikely issue if all other channels are working)

6th thing - well no idea as everything above should provide all that you need...

Please post the results or if you've fixed it already so others can gather info for the future

Hi,

I tried using wooshbuild, openvix from zgemma site, dsayers, and biohead. All had same results. Have kept it on biohead and as said last night managed to get all channels except ss1 hd. It had auto schedule scanned in early hours so went back to losing most channels again. Manual scan again this morning and all are back except ss1 hd again. I've turned scheduled scan off for now.

Net id and set tuner both correct.

Used the cable from an aerial guy who recommended it.

Tried using ABM and it sets up the bouquets correctly but half channels are blank so that's when I do manual scan.

Been in regular contact with line provider and all seems ok there.

All in all very strange.

Maybe the clue is the cable from the aerial guy?

Most aerial or sat people won't use or provide the required cable for VM.

You have to be careful not using VM grade cable as it can cause noise down the line which may warrant a call from VM to see what's going on....

there are cable equivalent you can get from diy shops but tbh a well known auction site has sellers with the correct cable you need. I'd go down that route without a lot of expense....in fact it's cheap as chips!

Also if you are not using the zgemma near where your initial VM installation is i.e you've extended the cable from downstairs to upstairs or from one end of a room to the other this can cause issues with signal, that coupled with not using VM grade cable can cause you problems too....

First point of call mate is change the cable to the required one and see how you go from there....

Sounds like tuner config / area settings issue tbh but yeah deffo check the quality of any splitters on the feed and cables / connectors.

Thanks. I was advised the cable used is double screened and best for the job but of course he may be wrong. Zgemma is used right next to vm box on wall. Had to put an attenuator on as signal too strong. I guess I will need to try a new cable

Thanks. I was advised the cable used is double screened and best for the job but of course he may be wrong. Zgemma is used right next to vm box on wall. Had to put an attenuator on as signal too strong. I guess I will need to try a new cable

Oh and I don't have a splitter as don't have virgin broadband

Further to the post from ste.... make sure tuner A is disabled if you're running h.2h only have cable tuner enabled... also check the following

Go to...

MENU
SETUP
SERVICE SEARCHING
AUTOBOUQUETS MAKER
PROVIDERS

then check your VM UK area is set to your area

I've tried that and there are two codes for Preston. I have used both. Seems the cable is my current hope. Seems hard to get hold of genuine vm cable though. Shame I gave mine back with the router and set top box!!

I do believe VM cable is triple shielded mate to compensate for interference and stability

Have you removed the attenuator and scanned and still get the same result?

Seems the cable is the likely option for now.

Fleabay will do 10m of cable for less than £10

Could be your attenuator is not the correct amount of DB to pull the signal down...

Two options for this buy 10m of cable and remove the attenuator as the cable length will pull the signal right down.. or you could just get the correct length cable and continue using the attenuator and or add a higher DB

Cheers. I will get some cable. The attenuator is a variable one 0-20 dB and I've tried a number or levels on it. Ideally I suppose I want genuine cable

I'd use only technetix attenuator mate as this again is VM recommended they start from 6db onwards...

For the cable search for fleabay seller magpieauctions as he provides the exact cable You need...

RG6 is the correct type for inside the house and RG56 is the correct for outside The house.

Always recommend using the same products VM use as their service can be a pain sometimes wiTh alternatives...

Good luck

Back