Some questions on the MXQ Pro

cheas

I’m completely new to IPTV/android boxes but I’ve done a little reading here and I’m leaning towards an MXQ Pro, I just have a few questions;

1. What’s the difference between the MXQ Pro 4k, M8S Pro and the other variants that seem like the same box with different writing on?

2. If I want to use a subscription service (football etc), do I need to do anything to the box other than download Perfect Player app and find and pay the provider?

3. My ISP throttles streaming/filesharing speeds massively in the evenings, is it easy to use a VPN and will that bypass the throttling?

4. Who’s the best seller to buy from? This one good? http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/MXQ-PRO-Q...192073?hash=item41c709f249:g:X6YAAOSwXLpZ3M5l

Evening buddy

I've been into IPTV for over a year now, and have limited experience with Android Boxes, although have recently bought one.

1 As regard to android boxes, I feel that they are like buying a PC. They all do the same, but have different RAM, CPU's, video output capability and operating system. You have to decide which specs you require. I still haven't worked out best bang for your bucks and went for a sub £30 one which was able to load the latest kodi because of its android version. Maybe someone else can advise of best specs per price ratio.

2 No you don't have to do anything other than load perfect player and find a provider. I loaded STB Emu to play IPTV on mine. You should find which ever app you want to use on the preloaded Play Store.

3 VPN's ....No idea. I don't have a problem with throttling or need a VPN to receive streams from my supplier (even for 3pm kickoffs)

4 Seems a bit expensive for one of the basic boxes IMO. I would expect to pay around £23

Take a look at gearbest.com you will get even more confused in your choice :(y):

Any particular processor or android version I should look for on a cheap box? Will everything work fine with 1GB ram?

I am surprised that noone with more knowledge than me hasn't spoken up.

With the recent release of kodi 17.4 I would suggest S905X and if it's only a few pounds more go for a 2Gb box. If you aren't after playing best quality 4k video, then a cheaper S905W box would be fine.

Android should be at least version 5.1 and will most definately be higher if you go for an S905X

Can be found for less than £30

Eg https://www.gearbest.com/tv-box/pp_656050.html?wid=21

A mag box seems to be the best on the market the now for IPTV m8

Yeah, I was looking at Mag boxes but that instantly doubles my spend and I need to draw the line somewhere. I even looked at Zgemmas and Weteks to make use of my old Sky connection but the price just gets higher...

Back