Some satellite channels get Tune Failed

eoinzy

Hi,

I had a working box for a while and all of a sudden most of the channels get "Tune Failed".

For example, on the 28.2E FTA bouquet, the first few channels are BBC 1,2 and 4, followed by Quest.
The BBC channels get "Tune Failed" but Quest works fine. Beforehand, everything worked perfect.

My setup is a Mutant HD2400 with 2 satellite tuners, running the latest OpenVIX. I have an old Sky dish with 2 LNBs. I also have an aerial up there attached to it with a combiner so that the cable with Tuner 1 shares both the satellite and aerial data. Then I have the separator down behind the TV with the aerial cable going directly into the back of my TV. I just checked and the digital channels from the aerial are clearing fine, so I don't think its the cable.

So either my tuners are gone, the satellite is faulty (possibly moved with all this weather?), or its some issue with OpenVIX which can be fixed with a reinstall.

Can someone guide me as to how I can make sure my tuners are working fine? I went into the Signal Finder in OpenVIX settings and there's no signal on the channels that are getting "Tune Failed", and a fairly good signal on the ones that are clearing, eg 90% and above 70% AGC.

Any ideas?

Thanks

ABM runs nightly at 2am.
Should I perform a full manual scan? I didn't think that would make a difference, as ABM provides the transponder etc, no?

EDIT: I ran a manual scan on a single satellite (28.2E) and found 370 channels. Surely I should be getting more than that?

Last edited:
Can you check to see if its a certain set of channels, horizontal or vertical, high or low frequency,?
LNB could be going.

I checked for Horizontal and Vertical, as I had that issue in a previous house, but in this case it wasn't the issue as I was having issues with both. Didn't think of the high/low frequency.
Will check that to confirm.

Annoyingly, it's been working well the last couple of days, with the exception of once when I was watching a channel, then changed channel and got "tune failed" so then went back to the original channel I had been watching, only to find that I was getting "Tune Failed" on that one as well!!

Just had a sat guy in as Tune Failed was happening more and more on 19.2 and needed a new quad fitted and f connectors were corroded.
Sat installer says best to dump metal f connectors on outside connections and use crimped ones instead.

I still haven't got mine fixed as I mostly use cable, but I noticed some weird behaviour when certain Saorview channels are active. Like I'll get tune failed and then go to saorview and stick on a radio channel and then go back to satellite and the channel will clear. So I suspect the fella I got to install the splitter/combiner didn't do a good enough job, or used cheap parts.

Back