Something eating up HDD in the background

Hi,

Currently using the H2H with Dsayers build VM & Sly. Noticed last week that the memory only had 16mb left of a 32gb USB HDD. Nothing was recorded to it and time shift hadn't been used. Re flashed using the Dsayers back up yesterday and as I've been watching TV tonight been noticing that the HDD free space has been dwindling down throughout the night, currently has 46% free space. Again nothing recorded and no time shift being used so something is writing to the HDD/ using the HDD in the background. Auto record is set to off. Can someone please help with this.

Still at work but found this will do some more digging

HDD space issue affecting OS Mega + Possible other boxes fixed in build 5.0.004
The issue we had that was resulting excessive HDD space being used during recording we hope has been resolved. The issue was most apparent on Edision OS Mega, but during some tests was found on a number of other boxes.

We recommend that OS Mega users re-initialise their HDD once OpenViX build 5.0.004 is released. Menu > Setup > System > Storage Devices > Select your HDD and initialise it. NOTE ANY RECORDINGS YOU HAVE WILL BE LOST.

Other users can re-initialise if they have the need, issue was not as bad or apparent on other boxes.

Note same issue was found in OpenATV, but NOT OpenPLi. The issue was an E2 issue, not hardware or drivers.

https://github.com/openatv/enigma2/blob/master/lib/python/Components/Harddisk.py

Ok looked at my hdd and showing 84% of 250gb but I have a few recordings and a load of files on it but I'll leep an eye on it. If you ftp media/hdd can you see any files on there that are large? You can also see it on yohome network on Windows explorer

May be nothing but I had a similar issue on one of my builds, turns out I had autorecord turned on, may be worth double checking your settings. :)

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Ok looked at my hdd and showing 84% of 250gb but I have a few recordings and a load of files on it but I'll leep an eye on it. If you ftp media/hdd can you see any files on there that are large? You can also see it on yohome network on Windows explorer
Will take a look later after work cheers

May be nothing but I had a similar issue on one of my builds, turns out I had autorecord turned on, may be worth double checking your settings. :)

Pretty sure auto record is set to off but will double check

You can usually find out where the bulk of your hdd space is used, by puttying into the box, then type:

cd /
du -hd 1

It might take a minute for the system to total up the space taken in each top directory. The grand total should correspond with the space used shown by the BoxInfo button at the bottom left of OpenWebInfo (which you can see by entering the IP address of the box into a browser's address line). If you want subdirectory by subdirectory granularity of hdd usage, replace the second line with "du -h | more" and use the spacebar to page the output.

If the grand total shown by the unix/linux script above is not roughly the same as what is shown to have been used in OpenWebIf, then you have orphaned space in your hdd (bug was present in versions of Vix/Atv prior to Vix 5.004, but particularly evident for the OS Mega). That symptom could be addressed by a restart or file system check within the E2 menu, but ymmv.

Hi,

Currently using the H2H with Dsayers build VM & Sly. Noticed last week that the memory only had 16mb left of a 32gb USB HDD. Nothing was recorded to it and time shift hadn't been used. Re flashed using the Dsayers back up yesterday and as I've been watching TV tonight been noticing that the HDD free space has been dwindling down throughout the night, currently has 46% free space. Again nothing recorded and no time shift being used so something is writing to the HDD/ using the HDD in the background. Auto record is set to off. Can someone please help with this.

this might not be related but you could check anyway
ftp to your mg_cfg file and open it in notepad or word pad
goto this section and change it to has below then save:

# Log option, summ of:
# 00 off
# 01 network udp log
# 02 log to console
# 04 file, appended ! delete it by yourself, before it eat all your hdd
# + IP udp-port log-file-name
L: { 00 } 172.16.1.1 28007 /tmp/mgcamd.log

The problem maybe connected to this message I get when using timeshift. Anyone know what this is about?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    79 KB · Views: 55
That's just to tell you that your viewing in timeshift. If you click yes it will put you to live tv and restart the timeshift.

Anyone got anymore ideas on this? I'm losing the will to live with it. Reflashed the box, noticed that the free space % on the hard drive decreases when the box is on not using record or timeshift. Whilst watching TV tonight without using time shift or record its lost around 20gb storage!

Still got this problem. There is nothing recorded as you can and nothing in recycle bin yet there is on 610mb left of a 30gb USB stick. Really stuck with this :(

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    87.1 KB · Views: 30
Yea that will be best upload screen shots of:

mount manager - blue button,mounts, device manager and your Recording and Timeshift settings.

Still would like to see whats showing in hdd you should see any large files

These are the photos of my time shift and recording settings, also inside my media/HDD folder

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    229 KB · Views: 36
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    129.9 KB · Views: 38
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    142.4 KB · Views: 39
Back