Sony smart tv IPTV

frundlemud

Next door has above tv lots of apps all good. No vm in this one horse town..but good broadband.
I have Samsung smart with iptv app mac address etc all very good. Question. Is there a similar app for Sony or is his a box route.

Thanks for replies. My neighbour him drive big van, back about 5pm. I know it is a Bravia 3 years or so old. He was so impressed with the smart IPTV for 1/30, 3pm, sport etc that he wants this himself. As his technical adviser, (he is already off to a bad start), I thought I would ask on here and then impress him with my knowledge.
I will get the Model Number later and look it up to see if a App will do the trick.
I sold my MAG250 otherwise I could have set it up for him to try.

If it is a android TV he will have quite a few options.
Perfect player, stb emu, kodi

djgarf is spot on... I have a Sony Bravia running ipyv sub via Perfect Player app (stbemu is said to have a better picture so may try that app)

Last edited:
I loaded Smart IPTV no problem. And managed to work out how to transfer a playlist.
Unf all the playlists i found at the time were a jumbled mess. But it did work on my Sony Andorid TV. I think the TV has the grunt. W755 series.
I now think ive got hold of a decent playlist but my 7 day trial is now up.
Am considering a return t'darkside.

His tv (after phone call) X Reality Pro W60B 48inch. I will look into possibilities tomorrow. thanks for help.

The Sony seems to be not too well supported with a click and download option from Sony. Samsung so easy even gives url for page configure channel lists m3u using laptop or similar. I have had a look at various options and as his tv may not have enough grunt and I dont want to be bogged down with configuring. I will suggest a MAG Box. Unless someone knows better. thanks.

i have the smart iptv app on my lg tv, works fine , sub off here , no problems so far , only thing i miss is there are no + channels , ie sly 1 , sly 1 +:(

Can you get smart IPTV app on Sony or is it only SSIPTV? Thanks any help would be appreciated!
Hi
Did you manage to get info on smartiptv app on sony please?
As iv'e been trying to install for friend via opera tv. But no joy , am i doing something wrong
Thankyou

No. He had a unused firestick so I put the app on that for him. Very portable this way you can take it with you to mates or girlfriends (if she can wait until after the football) :)

I have a sony Bravia 2018 model which is Android based, I had some trouble finding and getting the app called Smart IPTV but I eventually for some strange reason found that it was compatible with my TV when I first looked it says it was not compatible, I can only think that maybe because the TV is so new that maybe Sony sent an update up the line to the TV and updated something as the next time I looked at Smart IPTV it said it was compatible, strange but 100% truth, your friend should make sure his sony bravia has the latest firmware/software updates installed before doing anything, just saying.........plus good luck :) @frundlemud EDIT: > p.s, the tv will require an internet connection to get the latest firmware/software updates from Sony or the updates may come over satellite if the tv has a built in Freesat tuner, you would need to check with Sony or the user manual which can be found online, the update will require either an internet or satellite connection, I doubt they would send updates over the standard digital terrestrial aerial connection/signal, or you could get the updates online from Sony and put it on a USB flashdrive stick and update that way, again, refer to users manual or contact sony for advice.

Last edited:
I also have the Smart IPTV app on my Sony Bravia, make sure you have the latest software on your tv, You should then be able to download the app do problem [ i did run the app and it worked, But i now run IPTV on my Zgemma 5,2htc ]

Fine replies from all
Thankyou
At the mo left it with frnds/ neighbr to sort app /?updates etc easy option is simple f/stk ss i mentioned to them , but great for all replies
Keep the good work up
ID thnx

Back