Spider vpn router

makido

VIP Member
Recently I bought a Spider VPN Router and I have managed to do a few speed tests for you. I have tried to do the ones that I thought people were more likely to use, but will add more later
For the tests I had my box connected to the VPN router and my laptop connected wirelessly

I have used the 2 plugins available on the box to test the speeds, as I thought it would give a better reading.

While I was testing I had Sky sports premier league HD playing on the box, and it was hard wired
I have BT Fibre internet

Here are my speeds without a VPN

E2 speedtest plugin

download 32.46
upload 5.17

netspeed test plugin

download 32.43
upload 5.17

Now let the testing begin!!

CONNECTED TO THE UK WITH A VPN

E2speedtest plugin

download 25.39
upload 5.17

netspeed Test plugin

download 26.13
upload 4.70

CONNECTED TO SPAIN

E2speedtest

download 24.98
upload 4.79

netspeed test

download 23.74
upload 4.72

CONNECTED TO FRANCE
E2speedtest

download 25.04
upload 4.85

netspeed test

download 24.38
upload 4.85

CONNECTED TO THE NETHERLANDS

E2speedtest

download 24.04
upload 4.82

netspeed test

download 23.68
upload 4.84

CONNECTED TO USA

E2speedtest plugin

download 18.65
upload 3.86

Netspeed test plugin

download 22.16
Upload 4.55

IRELAND
E2Speedtest
download 23.60
upload 4.47

Netspeed test
download 23.04
upload 4.42

SWITZERLAND
E2speedtest
download (wouldnt run) IPTV still playing no buffering or anything
upload

Netspeed test
download 21.59
upload 4.26

ITALY
E2speedtest
download 23.97
upload 4.38

Netspeed test
download 24.04
upload 4.38

Last edited:
Great guide makido decent speeds seems to be USA what struggles same with mine USA struggled with speeds I've been using e2speedtest on my box and my phone with ookla speed test

Yeah USA struggled a bit, but with that said my lad as watched netflix on his ipad, as he says the USA version is better than they UK dont know why
Ive had him playing his xbox online the lot. Think I was doing his head it though as I kept asking him if he was lagging. Each time he replied no though so I think all is good.
Just saves the hassle of adding it to all devices

Yeah USA struggled a bit, but with that said my lad as watched netflix on his ipad, as he says the USA version is better than they UK dont know why
Ive had him playing his xbox online the lot. Think I was doing his head it though as I kept asking him if he was lagging. Each time he replied no though so I think all is good.
Just saves the hassle of adding it to all devices
Tell me about it my eldest is same but I purposely mess around with router when he's been propper noisey just to take the p**s American Netflix is 10 times better

Im wondering now if the duo 4k box would give better results. I know they are not bad results but.....
Does anyone know if this would make a difference

Im wondering now if the duo 4k box would give better results. I know they are not bad results but.....
Does anyone know if this would make a difference
Would be interesting to see on different box makes/models I did mine on i55 box see how they perform but in theory you'd expect same results with it been same isp and same vpn router but never know

Please could you tell me if I purchase 1 of these I am getting 45mbps how would I go about watching usa netflix.Plus it would also benefit sat footy which has been brilliant on my sub Just until recently thank you.

Please could you tell me if I purchase 1 of these I am getting 45mbps how would I go about watching usa netflix.Plus it would also benefit sat footy which has been brilliant on my sub Just until recently thank you.
Just set it to USA for USA Netflix on the vpn router and you would only beifit from football on a Saturday if your provider allows a vpn for if your isp is blocked but if its the server then a vpn would be no good speeds would probably struggle a bit on an American which me and makido found out on 2 different vpn routers

Just updated the first post with a few more. I think I have covered the main ones now.

I tried it last night I watched the Spurs match, connected to Spain with no problems at all.

I did try watching on the USA and it buffered like mad - didnt really expect it to play though. So USA is ok for the likes of Netflix end of
Will put the UTD game on tonight connected to France and see how I get on

Last edited:
Speeds are pretty much same apart from USA and Switzerland which ever connected too so no major drops in reduction of speeds did you select any different server by any chance I don't know if spider same as liberty and will take a good few hour I have 17 options for each country I select

There are no different servers to connect, just the countries with Spider VPN. Think there are about 17 different countries to choose from

Watched ManU game, first half connected to France. Second half connected to Italy and it played perfect.
I did find that it didnt like the FHD channels though but HD and SD were fine, I can live with that.
So the best 4 servers for me are UK, France, Spain and Italy

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah just bought one only thing is my ip address isn't changing hard wired on a z7+ any ideas

Have you tried the obvious and rebooted both box and router?

If you login to the router to network interfaces and stop the current country running. Press Edit and choose another country, then save and apply.
On the next page click connect, wait for it to connect, then reboot your box.

Cant remember mate will have a look and see when you say the router do you mean the spider or my tplink?

The spider, I had this and found I wasnt doing it right.

Just so you know if you have any problems just chat with the support team they are bang on. I messaged them twice in 3 days lol

Back