Splitter for cable

help36

Hi guys, hope you can help with a bit of a random question, but i know you guys will have the answer.

My brother is looking at going down the cable route and has a virmin line, he currently has all his cables to TVs from his dish. What he wants is to use these cables rather than having to put more through the house making a mess etc.

My thoughts where if he put a 2
way splitter on line into house 1 for BB and take 1 up to the cables by the dish and then put another 3 splitter onto that and connect to his cables that he will take of the LNB, thus giving him cable fees to all his rooms. Is this possible? Would it work? any other suggestions greatly appreciated.

He wants the easiest solution with minimal disruption to existing setup.

thanks in advance guys and also massive thanks for all your help recently getting me up and running.

i believe and could be wrong .. as im sure some one will point out
but cables from dish are sky`s cables and not reccomended as cable/virmin cables

i believe and could be wrong .. as im sure some one will point out
but cables from dish are sky`s cables and not reccomended as cable/virmin cables
thanks kev, the cable is webro wf100. i only know because we put it in and i have been putting a piece in my house tonight. Hopefully someone can clarify.

only problem with putting a splitter in the cable feed box is he wud have to put either hav loads of spare length of wires he wud take of the dish and have to drill a bigger hole to get these in the house or lay new feeds to each box which he doesn't want to do. thanks for your thoughts though.

anyone else any thoughts on splitter to splitter configuration?

Just in case anyone needs help in the future, tried this last weekend. Went to screwfix (3 times) and bought a combination of splitters. Connected the virmin main cable to a 2 way splitter, 1 to the broadband and 1 to a piece of cable that I took to my Sky dish and connected to the in of a 4 way splitter. I then disconnected 3 lines from my LNB (1 x lounge, 1 x dining room and 1 x bedroom) and connected these to the 4 way outdoor splitter.

I now have virgin feeds in my lounge, dining room and bedroom using the cables I had installed when I did the house up under the floor and tidy. I basically had to put 1 piece of cable on the outside of the house which is easily hidden and now have virgin in the rooms I want.

Multiple splitters on the same circuit isn't recommended and splitting it so many times will probably give you signal loss.

I found if I put a 4 way to 4 way I had signal loss on some channels but with 2 and 4 it was ok, currently have 2 boxes connected, would never have more than 2 on at a time so hopefully will be ok.

I obviously bow to your greater knowledge on this subject, but seems to be ok for me at the moment (fingers crossed)

That's good - at least if you have any problems in the future, you will know where to look.

Back