Splitters for VM

j y d

Could someone more knowledgeable than me (That will be almost everyone) tell me if using a 4 way splitter but only utilising 3 of the connections is detrimental to the signal? I've just had the vm guy round and he said it was. I've been using a 4 way this way and all seems fine!
Thanks in advance.

Are you talking about VM cable splitting? You've posted in General Satellite forum.
You're supposed to use a terminator on any unused ports to prevent noise but if it works don't worry about it.
Satellite cable can't be split unless you have a Unicable LNB.

Are you talking about VM cable splitting? You've posted in General Satellite forum.
You're supposed to use a terminator on any unused ports to prevent noise but if it works don't worry about it.
Satellite cable can't be split unless you have a Unicable LNB.
Hello mate sorry if this is in the wrong forum but just seen this thread,I am running a Zgemma with vm the other day we had an engineer round to change router,while he was here he took the splitter out I don't know if he clocked the Zgemma or not but I had to buy another but now I can't get a picture on VM channels I'm getting a pretty good signal of 70-75% is it a special splitter I need,it's just a 2 way with one feed to the router and the other to Zgemma

Hello mate sorry if this is in the wrong forum but just seen this thread,I am running a Zgemma with vm the other day we had an engineer round to change router,while he was here he took the splitter out I don't know if he clocked the Zgemma or not but I had to buy another but now I can't get a picture on VM channels I'm getting a pretty good signal of 70-75% is it a special splitter I need,it's just a 2 way with one feed to the router and the other to Zgemma

Cheapo splitters are a waste of time and money, it needs to be a Tratec, Technetix or Labgear, those crappy ones sold at B&Q etc don't work.

You left the Zgemma there while VM were visiting?

Cheapo splitters are a waste of time and money, it needs to be a Tratec, Technetix or Labgear, those crappy ones sold at B&Q etc don't work.

You left the Zgemma there while VM were visiting?
The zgemma was connected but not on show,it was in another room,I'm not sure if they can tell it was connected with a test?

Back