1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Splitting Cable Signal - Does It Weaken

Discussion in 'General Cable TV.' started by smcmullan88, Mar 6, 2017.

1. smcmullan88

smcmullan88 Member

Hi all,

Just curious if you split the virgin media feed coming in to the house will these weaken the signal strength? I know it sounds like an obvious question but just wondering as the virgin box itself is cable of recording and watching another channel yet it only uses one feed. I take it their box splits the signal internally? I guess my question is if i split it manually will I get any picture break up?

Thanks

2. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran Forum Supporter

As long as you use the correct splitter then you won't lose much signal that will effect your setup.
    If your signal is very low coming in then splitting it will cause issues, you would then have to use a powered HDU unit which can split the cable without signal lose.

smcmullan88, Boff and bangord30 like this.
  3. XSONY_NGUX

XSONY_NGUX Member

Any recommendations on HDU unit my singal sometimes drops for VM and using speed test it goes down from being 40-50 to
    8-16.

Help would be appreciated i bought a HDU 4 port PCT passive amplifier which was from the United States and it sometimes turns my internet of sometimes when its being used a lot.

Here's the one i bought:

https://www.amazon.com/Digital-Ampl...488059695&sr=8-1-spell&keywords=hdu+amplifier

Someone said the issue that this amplifier may not have been good is because it's passive and not active not sure what the difference is.

bangord30 likes this.
  4. Jazzie_bee

Jazzie_bee Member

the ones the engineers use are the Technetix HDU ones. Try that but what is the problem you're having?

5. XSONY_NGUX

XSONY_NGUX Member

USB Cable tuner glitches whilst tuner B on cable is fine.

Issue occurs when both tuners are in use i.e. when im recording on tuner B and tuner C is put to use.

Any links to purchase one rare to find them can't find them mate.