Splitting LNB's before they go to SkyHD Box

Macca166

Hello. Is there a way to split the shotgun LNB cable before it gets to the sky box? So the original 2 LNB's from the dish in, and then get 4 cables out. 2 for the Sky box and 2 for the Zgemma. That way I am hoping I could turn off the SkyHD box and use the Zgemma without the rigamarole of unscrewing each connector, ideally with no adverse effects?

I understand that I couldn't use both the Sky and Zgemma together as well :peace: that would just be silly ;)

Thanks in advance.

Macca.

Hello. Is there a way to split the shotgun LNB cable before it gets to the sky box? So the original 2 LNB's from the dish in, and then get 4 cables out. 2 for the Sky box and 2 for the Zgemma. That way I am hoping I could turn off the SkyHD box and use the Zgemma without the rigamarole of unscrewing each connector, ideally with no adverse effects?

I understand that I couldn't use both the Sky and Zgemma together as well :peace: that would just be silly ;)

Thanks in advance.

Macca.
hi, you could use quad or octo lnb, and run another shotgun cable, or even put splitters on th existing.....jonjon

hi, you could use quad or octo lnb, and run another shotgun cable, or even put splitters on th existing.....jonjon

Yes sorry, I should have been more precise. I would like to split it at the terminal end just before the Sky HD box. Then only use one box dependant on what we are watching. I noticed the splitters come in different frequencies? Can anybody point me to the right one?

mate dont even go down that road if you can avoid it.you can get limited results with splitters and loop thru options,but with a twin tuner that maybe has sky planner stuff on the main box....get on the roof if u are able and change the lnb

Splitting shotgun

Yes sorry, I should have been more precise. I would like to split it at the terminal end just before the Sky HD box. Then only use one box dependant on what we are watching. I noticed the splitters come in different frequencies? Can anybody point me to the right one?
you need to go the splitter route , they work fine, I am a sky accredited engineer and have used this method on many occasions, you obviously get some refraction, in my experience 4 to 6 mvdb so long as you have good sat signal,,, no probs......jon

you need to go the splitter route , they work fine, I am a sky accredited engineer and have used this method on many occasions, you obviously get some refraction, in my experience 4 to 6 mvdb so long as you have good sat signal,,, no probs......jon

Thanks Jon, Is there any chance you could link me to the type of splitter you would recommend?

do it at your own risk as we prefare one cable per tuner and less chance of voltage from 2 boxes meeting.

Hi, I usually buy mine from all trade. The double splitter with dc pass on both.....as good as anything and only a few quid....I don't get on comp as much as I'd like so my replies tend not to be that ins

Back