Stable Firmware for Android Box

bees

VIP Member
Hi,

I have been messing about with an old (about 2 years old) android box.

It worked originally then one day decided not to boot up and was left to gather dust, but now I have got it booting but the firmware I'm using is unstable.

I am using matricom 1.20 for an MX2 box, but when it boots it keeps going into the set up
wizard for XBMC, so it does an update every time it is switched on from standby.

It takes about 5 mins to boot each time, and sometimes it will just hang.

It is a blade stream box but as far as I have read most android boxes will take different firmware versions.

I was wondering if anybody could point me in the direction of more stable firmware.

I'm not worried about bricking the box, if that happens as it was basically that when I started messing, so I won't hold you responsible lol honest !!! lol

any suggestions would be grateful

cheers

bees

Can you not just do a factory reset, or whatever it is called?? bring it back to the factory setting. Generally in settings.

kodi 15.2 is stable

Kodi is not an android Firmware, it is an app for streaming

Last edited:
Yeah I have done a factory reset which wipes all the previous data stored on the box so it's basically a blank box as far as I can tell.

Flashed new firmware using the AV/ Pin method, it's just the firmware version I'm using is a bit hit and miss, I'm having a look around
and will try some other versions, they all flash in the same way but take about 20 mins each to download, so I just
thought it would save me a bit of time if someone could point me in the right direction. Might try the MXQ box firmware next.

I thought I would have a go at setting one up from scratch so I'm not worried about XBMC / Kodi versions at this stage and
I know about installing "fusion", playing catch up now as the box has been sat doing nothing for a good while.

Back