Standalone internet advice needed for skybox

Shiv

TK Veteran
Belated Xmas greetings

I would like to set up a skybox at my mums place but she has no landline or internet....due to her financial circumstances she cannot afford landline fees plus Internet fees on top of that....I've read on the net a bit about the standalone or pay as you go internet options....can anyone here give any feedback if you use this method for your skybox set up? Pros and cons?

ive heard they have download caps would that affect the skybox functioning properly?

regards

in the past i used a usb meteor dongle in a router which was 20euro a month,might be cheaper now,what about a combo box sat and freeview and have freesat from sat dish and freeview by aerial? usb wifi can be glitchy,read up on google chromecast use from a hdmi port.

never said if she has a sat dish????

Hi, i've tried it on a EE 4G dongle and it works, but as mentioned on here somewhere you have to keep the connection alive by having a web radio station streaming on mute on another device to keep connection on if that makes sense as the box only connects every 8 secs and the 3/4G dongle will disconnect, hence live radio stream and it uses little data.

in the past i used a usb meteor dongle in a router which was 20euro a month,might be cheaper now,what about a combo box sat and freeview and have freesat from sat dish and freeview by aerial? usb wifi can be glitchy,read up on google chromecast use from a hdmi port.

never said if she has a sat dish????

hi

she has sky dish already and is currently watching free view channels

Back