1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Star LC - need assistance

Discussion in 'Zgemma-Star' started by Alan__H, Mar 19, 2017.

1. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

Hi,

Really struggling to recover this box to a usable state. My line provider/box provider is not responding - no surprise there.
    Does anyone have a build for VM cable that will work on this box? Just want it up and running again. I will be purchasing a better box in the near future as I now realise this one is not supported in the community.

Any help greatly appreciated.

2. dangerous

dangerous TK Veteran Forum Supporter

At what point are you struggling?
    With that particular model it does take a bit of patience, it needs a basic image flashing (openATV)
    Strip out the non essential plugins etc.
    Set up a swap file.
    Don't use any epg importers, only use the feed that comes in through the VM cable.
    Only scan with ABM
    If you do it all correctly the box works fine.

bangord30 likes this.
  3. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

So got the box all working with a VIX build.
    I've had a problem with channels freezing but only certain ones. Sport/Movies/most FTA are excellent and glitch free.
    However, some like E4/More4/MTVRocks seem to have an issue.
    I thought it may be to do with the line so requested test lines.
    I have my original line + 2 test lines in the necamd.list and it actively switches between the lines - which is great. BUT, MTVRocks always gets a high ECM number 3.6 up to 4.5 at times when it freezes for 5-10seconds.
    I am not really too worried about that particular channel - I was just using it as a reference to check the new lines. If the freezing stopped then that's the line I'll buy.
    So - they can't all be bad can they? Is the issue maybe just coming from the cable feed side of things? If so I can live without this channel - the new lines/new image on my box seem to have cured the freezing on E4 etc.
    Sorry if its a bit long winded, but I've had great support on here and I'm sure I can't be the only person to have had this or similar issues

4. mbath

mbath Forum Supporter

You mentioned that you had 2 test lines with your normal line in the same newcamd.list file, are the 2 test lines below your normal line? As far as I'm aware Mgcamd doesn't actively switch between lines. If your test lines are below your original line then it's your original line that's being use. The 2nd line only kicks in when the first doesn't work and the 3rd kicks in when then 2nd doesn't work. Only oscam will actively switch to use the line with the best ECM times.

5. mbath

mbath Forum Supporter

Which splitter are you using? Your wiring could also be an issue. Cable boxes can be very particular.

6. dangerous

Agreed, oscam is your best bet with multiple lines

7. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

Hi Guys, thanks for your responses.
    I have sat and 'double pressed' the ok button on various channels every 5-10secs over a few minutes and can see the ECM and server changing. I also placed my own line at the end of the list in newcamd file which made no difference. It seemed to like using my own line for the sports channels, testline 1 was selected for some channels and testline 2 for others - but it did appear to switch.
    I will try Oscam as that has been recommended - will need to verify if my existing line is ok for Oscam though.
    I downloaded a converter to create an Oscam Server file from my necamd.list. Does it matter which version of Oscam - there seem to be a few in the plugins.
    Cheers.

8. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

I'm not using a splitter. Just the feed directly from the wall. Getting LAN through a powerline adapter. Tried the box downstairs and also in my kids room - both feeds installed by VM.
    If it was the cable/wiring side of things surely the Movies/Sports would also suffer? These are perfect...

9. mbath

mbath Forum Supporter

Just a process of elimination. Not everyone has dedicated points and some people manually split the incoming feed.

10. dangerous

How is you channel kerrang?

11. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

Kerrang is also freezing - just checked. Was on my line and also swapped to testline.

12. dangerous

13. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

Can you recommend a source for a good line?

14. dangerous

Have you tried the request section?

15. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

I did, the two test lines I have used last night came from here.

16. dangerous

Just out interest where did you get your image from as vix don't support zgemma's. How did you load your softcams?

17. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

Sorry, replied by email.
    Image from d1gital-worldz and loaded softcams by ipk locally.

18. Alan__H

Alan__H Member

So...test line from a trusted private server also freezing on MTVRocks/Kerrang (my diagnostic channels as I know they have a problem)
    This is clearly not a line issue and must therefore be the incoming cable feed.
    As the SNR is showing 38% - would it be worth looking at amp/attenuation?
    The Tivo box had a 3dB Forward path attenuator on it - but putting this on the zgemma yields no reception at all.

19. dangerous

Agreed sounds like a signal issue.
    Try obtain a powered HDU unit from a VM installer.
    They work fantastic