Star S2 or HS2?

Dead_dog

OK so, I've been running a V8S for just over 12 months and, whilst it works OK I'm thinking I should upgrade my viewing experience! To this end I think I'm going to go down the Zgemma route. Having asked other questions it appears that loading Whooshbuild on it is the easiest way forward (I'm a bit of amuppet when it comes to this stuff which is why I've stuck with the V8S for so long), but I'm a bit confused about the difference between the S2 and the HS2. Currently, following the link to the approved supplier they have the S2 at a tad under £65 whereas the H2S is about £78. Is the H2S worth the extra and, if so, why?

Thanks chaps (and chapesses)

The S2 is not as fast as the H2S as the latter has dual core processor.Its worth that bit extra in my opinion.And runs iptv player well.Dont think the s2 does as well.

HS2 is the newer model and has a faster processor,
I set up an S2 and it was sloooooowwwwww !!!!!

I would pay the extra. Other posts generally say to go for the newer model.

Well i seen my mate with 1 and the plugins look quite good to me so i definitely think that a Zgemma H2S BOX is a right good box for any 1 to get . Got my 1 yesterday . happy out .

I've used wooshbuild on both the boxes. The install is identical. With the sky skin though, the 2S is bordering unusable slow in my opinion. The H2S is clearly quicker in every way.
Buy a £50 and a £400 android phone. Both run the same OS, both can run the same games and do the same things, just one is clearly slower. Its like that with the zgemna's.

Thanks everyone. I notice on the zgemma UK page that's linked to from this forum that it has the H2S and it says "free to air". I'm assuming taht just means that it doesn't have the whooshbuild on it, not that you can't add Whooshbuild onto it?

Interestingly though the 2S doesn't mention "free to air".

All boxes are sold FTA as it's illegal to sell them as plug and play.

Just buy a box, flash Whooshbuild and add your line, that way the supplier
stays within the law.

It's you who they send to jail lol

Back