Starlink

xero50

I see that Elon Musk's Starlink Starlink is now offering early-bird subscriptions to people and was wondering if anyone here had taken a look at it or had subscribed.
If anyone here is already using it I for one would love to hear how it performs.

I see that Elon Musk's Starlink Starlink is now offering early-bird subscriptions to people and was wondering if anyone here had taken a look at it or had subscribed.
If anyone here is already using it I for one would love to hear how it performs.
Not likely to take off in countries like UK in a big way.
Will do well in places like France and Australia and other countries where the population live in small settlements and fast broadband is expensive and rare

If you check out linus tech tips on YouTube they just did 2 videos on it. How the setup works and what it's actually like. Worth a watch

Not cheap
Starlink customers will pay £439 for the satellite dish and other equipment needed to receive the signal. They will also need to pay a monthly fee of £84 to receive the service.

Opening this up again... Loads of rural towns still only getting 20mb.
Ny brother for one looking at this great option.
No contract

Interested to see what kind of feedback you get from someone that has this up and running in the UK. Jeff Gearling has several YouTube videos on them. I love this one where he uses it on the road, powered by solar panels - Jeff Gearling Starlink. I'm not a fan of Elon and I do wonder what the service/support for Starlink would be like

Interested to see what kind of feedback you get from someone that has this up and running in the UK. Jeff Gearling has several YouTube videos on them. I love this one where he uses it on the road, powered by solar panels - Jeff Gearling Starlink. I'm not a fan of Elon and I do wonder what the service/support for Starlink would be like
Yes mate watched a lot of uk feedback videos and most is good.
Uploads not great by download speed is what I'm looking at for my brother and router can be put into bypass mode to use your own router for big improvements on WiFi

I'm guessing your brother lives somewhere reasonably remote? I've seen some news articles where communities have setup their own Fibre connection to serve their area. I would prefer a physical connection rather than satellite, but I guess you just want whatever is the cheapest/quickest way to improve your connection. What's his current speed and options?

I've heard good reviews, still very expensive but I think expectations are lower because they are used to basically no Internet so happy to pay whatever lol

I'm guessing your brother lives somewhere reasonably remote? I've seen some news articles where communities have setup their own Fibre connection to serve their area. I would prefer a physical connection rather than satellite, but I guess you just want whatever is the cheapest/quickest way to improve your connection. What's his current speed and options?
16mb awful and no upgrades anytime soon, the problem is with multi use households streaming gaming etc 16mb just don't cut it.

I've heard good reviews, still very expensive but I think expectations are lower because they are used to basically no Internet so happy to pay whatever lol
Yes exactly... And to be fair the performance looks great you can pay half monthly cost for a lot less approx 50mb from most suppliers

Back