Start up info

Jasonmuk

Hello all...
Just joined and keen to be pointed in the right directions...
Have been reading about different boxes lines setups but it really is a minefield for a new starter...
I'm keen to learn so was wondering whether setup for boxes varies in levels from easy to hard....? I'm looking for say a good midrange box with recording and epg....swaying towards the blade but interested in your advice before taking the plunge...

Thanks

Jason

Hiya,

The easiest boxes to setup are the Skybox/Openbox as they are super basic, basically add a channel list install your line and your done, basic to use, basic to maintain and a great starer box. The next level up are the Enigma2 boxes which run a form of linux distro like OpenVix or OpenATV, these are more complex to setup, you need to load the software, scan for channels, setup your EPG, tuners, skin, timers, timeshift etc etc and add a USB or HDD before you load your line.

Now if you look on the forum you will find pre-setup images for some boxes, I do one for the Xpeed LX2, sucmnsee and kiddac (if I forgot someone, sorry) do one for the zgemma as well, these images you just flash you new box and most of the setup is done for you, you just tweek a few settings, add your USB or HDD and a couple of other things and your done. Then you need to load you lines and get your softcam manager running correctly.

Sorry to say but more research is needed by yourself if yor going down the enigma 2 box route, search the forum and have a look for some boxes then see whats avalable for them in the way of images and setup help.

Thanks for the reply..i used to dabble a little bit with linux boxes many years ago...forgot most of it now but like you say a good bit of research i reckon i could pick it up again...do the basic boxes offer epg or recording at all because i think i would like to at least start with those options

The basic boxes do offer some form of EPG and recording but they are single tuner boxes so you record what you watch

Ok...thanks...considering the blade or zgemma..I'll have a good look at those forums

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

Back