starview 7

I know cactikid has posted a starview fix in the past
maybe he can find the thread lol

Oh !! just found it here

Hi mate,

If I where you I would look at a different box.

SV didn't work most of the time even when they where supposed to

Just a bit of advise

the kryptview is still the best cable box out as bees says starview are ohoh

Last edited by a moderator:
the kryptview is still the best cable box out as bees says starview are ohoh

Starview 7 working been back and stable for the last 6 months you need new firmware and to pay a sub though , you pay your money you take your chance

Last edited by a moderator:
bees what box do you recommend ?

SV have ripped lots of people off in the past with subs.

If you want to go that way then you are taking a chance in my book.

At present, Kryptview for cable is the only one I would recommend
but sat is still more stable at the mo.

If you can go sat, there are plenty of good servers out there
but HD sounds like it will be out of our grasp soon.

Cheap sat box with a good sub / server may see you out in the
foreseeable future (12 months is my best guess) but who knows ?

I see cable servers are just starting to pop up with HD channels.

So unfortunately it looks like your getting in to this at a bit of a turbulent
time.

I think there is going to be lots of changes to c/s in the near future
but who knows where it will take us.

Have a go, we are all in the same boat. (y)

how much are you willing to pay to find out??
once bitten twice shy and people still paid a third time lol.

I've had one of the starview 7 boxes from the onset alas they have fallen by the wayside and the other guys who picked them up and started to charge are only ripping folks off. I know of someone who paid his dues and still got nothing and they still emailed him after a renewal fee. I've read that the phantom boxes are based on the starview 7 has anyone tried using the phantom flash on the starview?

Ive had this box from the onset and its just become a way of gaining money for nothing. I know of someone whos paid his subs and still got nowt and even got emailed to renew, Ive read that the phantom is made at the same factory as the starview and I wondered if anyone has tried flashing the starview with the phantom firmware?

Ive had this box from the onset and its just become a way of gaining money for nothing. I know of someone whos paid his subs and still got nowt and even got emailed to renew, Ive read that the phantom is made at the same factory as the starview and I wondered if anyone has tried flashing the starview with the phantom firmware?

same box, same firmware, same server but as much as I hate to say it phantom (aka starview) have been running very good so far this year.

people forget boxes have a registered mac addy,its not about flashing firmware on boxes anymore,same as your bank account unless correct protocol/info is not met you are rejected .
maybe phantom side paid their bills as starview did not and pocketed the rest???why one box works better if both are the same models and firmware.

Back