Starview HD Combo Dead

singhie

Hi,

Has anyone come across a Starview HD Combo that has the optical light on at the back of the box but no lights or display at the front of the box?

Don't matter what you do, the box will not come back on? eg: Unplug the device for more that 10 mins or press the standby button

regards

Singhie

I have sorted the problem out
Thanks for looking

Singhie

Last edited:
I too have a Starview HD Combo (Non-Lan) which have exactly the same problem as you describe but never been able to fix it. What did you do to fix yours?

Thanks

Hi
Fatface, the fix will not work on your Starview (Non-Lan) but you can try it at your own peril?
(It does say in the word file that the file does not work on Starview (Non-Lan))
The file is called “HD300E_Boot_V0021.UBT”
You’ll need a serial cable & a computer that has a serial port
I started the program & then switched the Starview box on via the switch at the back of the box.
Please just waited for the program to finish (Sometimes it does take it’s time to start – so just be patience)
The file should be available on this website if not let me know & I will try & upload the files

Regards
Singhie
:smoke rings:

hi singhie would sure appreciate the upload of that file,,i found a version elsewhere but its a ubt file,never heard of that format or how to convert/open it,,,cheers mate

Back