Starview HD Combo-removing Spiderbox Firmware?

space54

Hi Guys,

This post might seem like a look into the past and starview gets generally pretty bad press, but believe it or not my son and I are both currently operating the HD combo on sat and cable with pretty good results!

Yesterday I picked up another box which has spiderbox firmware installed which only allows satellite reception.

Many attempts to upload Carling firmware via USB have all failed-getting the error message " S/W update failed-Check USB" Have tried different memory sticks and Carling firmware from different sources, all with same result. Doing a "Factory reset" doesn't remove the Spiderbox firmware (not sure if it should) but deletes all the channels and has also removed the "backdoor" menu enable input and editing of lines! (Miraculously my sat line still working though!)

Any Starview/Spiderbox veteran out there able to advise on a better technique to remove the Spiderbox firmware and allow installation of the Carling?

Cheers
Keith

Hello there

I have just unearthed a 5 year old starview HD combo+ box... working fine for satellite and cable ... was wondering if you would be kind enough to share the carling image

my device has the original starview firmware so a REAL pain for editing channels.

also do you know where I can get a spare remote control from ???

Hello there

I have just unearthed a 5 year old starview HD combo+ box... working fine for satellite and cable ... was wondering if you would be kind enough to share the carling image

my device has the original starview firmware so a REAL pain for editing channels.

also do you know where I can get a spare remote control from ???
No May 7th I think. Did you ever source a new remote? But more importantly did you ever find a working image or carling?

Thanks in advance
Rm

Back