Starview users OUR OPINION until channels are back IF EVER.

wait another 7+ months,a simple google search would have pointed to the bad side.i hope it was not a 2 year sub you got?

wait another 7+ months,a simple google search would have pointed to the bad side.i hope it was not a 2 year sub you got?

Hi bro only xxx month subscription they keep making excuses Jake thinks he is helping but he is telling people to sub when he knows it will never work Kitty is now saying tomorrow activation lol

also all the people that seem to have their boxing working are vip members conspiracy anyone lol

Last edited:

Hi bro only 6 month subscription they keep making excuses Jake thinks he is helping but he is telling people to sub when he knows it will never work Kitty is now saying tomorrow activation lol

It takes a week for them to connect you ( why so long I don't no ) so after the week I would be asking questions ,

Who the hell is kitty..!! is that aka...one of the usual suspects..!! its like going back into stewie griffins time machine..!! ps if you notice in family guy its only brian who actually talks to stewie and has conversations with him... well its better than talking about bloody activations.. haha

Hi

I need the new firmware for starview HD Lite, I´m not finding in Brazilian sites. I found the last version on 09/2011.

do people still try to pay for a sub from them lol ive a cupboard full of them and thats where they will stay

if you think they are going to increase in value locked away in your cupboard for a 150years,we need another laugh now lol

I just bought a starview from Ebay, plan on using it in Spain where my apartment has access to satellite channels (free to air) via DVB-C. Can somebody point me to the best firmware that I should use to be able to receive all free to air channels?

starview 6 and 7 dont work on sat,fta any firmware will work as channels are not encrypted.a box with sat is a dvb/s box and you bought a dvb/c for cable and not interchangeable.
if there was a cable supplier you could try scanning,these boxes were made for uk only.

starview 6 and 7 dont work on sat,fta any firmware will work as channels are not encrypted.a box with sat is a dvb/s box and you bought a dvb/c for cable and not interchangeable.
if there was a cable supplier you could try scanning,these boxes were made for uk only.

The supply to my apartment is DVB-C cable, the management company take a feed from satellite and then send it round the resort via DVB-C (it is only the free to air channels). They sell set-top boxes for £150, I have bought a Humax box (DVB-C) from Germany off ebay before, tested it in the UK on Virgin (picked up all FTA channels) then taken out to Spain, retuned and it worked fine. I have just picked up a starview box from Ebay (for the bedroom in my apartment) so plan on taking this out with me next time I go and just wanted to understand what the latest and best firmware was in order for me to get FTA DVB-C. I have played around with the Starview box and it only seems to let me tune to one symbol rate at a time (the channels I need will be split over 3 different ones at 2 different QAMs).

i like a challenge i would think time needed on this,pen and paper needed to write down info on the automatic scan on providers on box and qam settings,when you have the list of working ones ,factory reset and try another not down the info,factory reset again when you have the list of channels on paper,then manually scan in by entering all details of that channel into box,keep adding your list without doing a factory reset and it might end up with list of open channels,what box is it that you got did you say?

Is this the start of the starview comeback ?? lol

Surly if you only want FTA channels there are cheap sat receivers out there to do the job
aren't you aloud to put up a dish ?

Last edited:
Back