Static IP Settings

Just done the above and have 2 problems
1. It’s asking for network prefix length.
2. It says my ethnic cable is not connected
Obviously it is
Any help please

Network Prefix Length - 24

You are using a Shield is that right? Have you installed the latest updates? Also, try switching off IPV6 in the settings and re-boot, if that doesn't work, switch off IPV6 in the router as well, reboot the router and the box.

Network Prefix Length - 24

You are using a Shield is that right? Have you installed the latest updates? Also, try switching off IPV6 in the settings and re-boot, if that doesn't work, switch off IPV6 in the router as well, reboot the router and the box.

Done that still says Ethernet is not connected

Yes just won’t have it saying the same

There was an issue a while back where the Shield was saying ethernet not connected, even though it was and working, but the latest updates fixed this. If your Shield is fully up to date and the IPV6 does not fix it, then I would possibly be thinking that maybe your device is faulty. Is it a new purchase, has the ethernet ever worked?

There was an issue a while back where the Shield was saying ethernet not connected, even though it was and working, but the latest updates fixed this. If your Shield is fully up to date and the IPV6 does not fix it, then I would possibly be thinking that maybe your device is faulty. Is it a new purchase, has the ethernet ever worked?
Yes was working fine before I changed settings box and cable
The reason I’m trying it is I get 150mbps on pc but on Nvidia only getting 20-30

Yes was working fine before I changed settings box and cable
The reason I’m trying it is I get 150mbps on pc but on Nvidia only getting 20-30

I would speak to Nvidia Customer Support, they are normally very helpful....I'm out of ideas now.

If I go back to DHCP then it’s back working as it was before just doesn’t sort my mbps issue out
sounds like a clash of IP addresses,
turn off all the other devices, reboot router, turn on stb before anything else, check connection.
I actually have a list of 1-50 of what address is assigned to each device, and have DHCP starting at 51

Just added open DNS to the guide that or the Google DNS might be worth a try for Voda customers getting throttled when viewing IPTV.
The settings can be applied to any device not just Android in your network settings.

Hi mate tr
Just added open DNS to the guide that or the Google DNS might be worth a try for Voda customers getting throttled when viewing IPTV.
The settings can be applied to any device not just Android in your network settings.
ying to find your guide To dns

Hi trying to find your guide to dns as every time I add it to my Nvidia shield it says Ethernet cable not connected when it is I’ve tried resetting my router as you surgested. Did a speed test without vpn got 900mbps with vpn 10 mbps what is that all about thinking my Nvidia could be faulty what do you think

Hi trying to find your guide to dns as every time I add it to my Nvidia shield it says Ethernet cable not connected when it is I’ve tried resetting my router as you surgested. Did a speed test without vpn got 900mbps with vpn 10 mbps what is that all about thinking my Nvidia could be faulty what do you think
Have you used the guide? 800mbs is a massive drop in speed, I assume you are setting your vpn to a server near you not the other side of the world?

Back