StbEmu issue on Firestick driving me nuts !!! Any Help please

No didn't try that as I didn't know whether i' d lose anything from the app. I've only cleared the cache. Didn't want to try clearing data as wasn't sure if it would still be linked to the supplier.? As you can probably tell I'm not really that technically minded

Yeah dont clear the data unless you dont mind inputting the details again

just been reading through this thread & dont understand why its been said to avoid the 4k firestick in post #27
I got a couple on black friday & after looking at a few online vids had it setup & working in no time, followed the standard starting instructions (3rd party settings etc) then side sideloaded smarters app as google had removed it from the store along with a few others, loaded details & it worked perfect, plays ALL VOD including 4k content (on a 4k tv), could possibly question whether providers content is 4k or 2160 upscaled but thats not relavent to this post. Next I loaded my vpn & that also installed 1st time without issue (VPNsecure). I dont use the firestick often & only plug it in from time to time to check its still working which it has been.

I consider myself competent with Enigma2 systems but not really bothered with firesticks although I did load a 2nd gen a couple of years ago so had an idea what needed to be done. I know of a few people who have had issues loading their details but this has been user error as once they opened the code with notepad++ they could see that they had missread their code & input a lower case 'l' instead of a capital 'I' as an example but other than making simple errors they got their sticks working.

My personal opinion on the 4k stick is its fast & works very well thanks to its higher spec over the 2nd gen sticks, not something I would use as my main source of viewing as the Mrs likes the interface we get with Enigma2 but definitely worth having as its so mobile, pop it in your pocket & take anywhere which makes it good for watching VOD & events when your not at your home.

Back