Windows 7 Sticking on window resume loader.

Hi all,

I've got a Windows 7 laptop that wouldn't go past the windows resume loader screen and the key board did nothing for months so I put it in the cupboard today I fired it up and it was the same stuck on the resume loader screen. Left it on and charging then for some reason after the toddler messed with it etc it loaded it's self up as normal so while it's on and functioning what's the best thing to do and what would of caused it?

Would it of been a bad download off vuze maybe? While it's on im going to get all my pictures, docs etc off and factory reset it as it's running slow and keeps jamming on the Windows resume loader screen. Is there a best way of doing this process and what security would you put on it once it's been factory reset ?

Thanks
Josh

Hi Mate,

I'll let you know the process how Tech pros would save your data before resetting it. I'm assuming there only one account or profile on this machine? Open windows explorer click on on the C drive then users and whatever you've called your login click imnto that. You'll then see folders such as Desktop, My Documents, My Pictures , My favorites (if you want to keep your internet favs) My videos etc... Copy these Folders and files to an external device and replace in the same way by copying and pasting them back to the same location once finished.

If you want to dig into the reason why your machine has been acting up. Got Control panel, make sure small icons are selected to the top right then click on Administrative tools. Once in there click on event viewer, click on windows logs drop down list and check system logs. Look for any critical or error logs (both will be red icons) This will give you some Idea what the issue is.

Or run cmd as administrator at the command prompt type sfc/scannow this may also help :)

Thanks for the quick response Yeoldcelt, Ive had a little look in the event viewer and the critical logs has one in there which is kernel-power and in the error log there's a few some iTunes applications like bonjour but the ones which stand out and i believe are operating problems are WMI, Kernel-power, CAPI2, service control manager, system restore and distributedCOM although as it stands at the minute i'm unsure which part of the laptop these control as its the first time i've messed with a pc/laptop in this manner but i'm learning and i will work out what part these all play within the operating system.

thank you very much for your help

Josh

Back