Still wet behind the ears so a couple of questions

Wilkiedan

So I now have my VU+ DUO2, which is a very nice piece of kit I must say. Now comes the hard part, educating myself on how to use it (where you come in, hopefully :-D)!

It came with the BH image but I've settled on ViX for now as it seems a little easier to use for a newbie. My questions are can I use my S** card in it, and if so, how? I only have BT sports but it would be good to be able to watch it! I used to be able to get Bulsat with my old Technomate just by loading a softcam, is it possible to view the likes of this via this box?

There are so many tutorials and things to learn that it's difficult to know where to start!

Thanks in advance,

Wilkiedan

what do you want your new bit of kit to do. here are some must have apps. they may not all be compatiable with vix.
1. 7 day epg easy to set up (just go into cross epg/ configure set it up for save to usb and the time you want to do your updates. then open t.v providers pick 28.2e then down load)
2. cool t.v Guide just download it.
3. the latest picons for 28.2e (should be able to just download it)
4. auto boquets again you should be able to download it.(then just set your local area) and click start this will generate a channel list automaticaly and put into favs)
5. on demand BBC I PLAYER and itv player. you may have to apply the updates to bbc iplayer.

you will probably have to install the camms yourself agaain normally just in the download section. and then add your line.

if you have already installed a channel list may be a good idea to re-flash your box and just install auto boquets.

Last edited:
he has already said vix image. in my opinion the blackhole image is better no rocket science in changeing your image/ firmware.

Last edited:
You can use your sky card but it takes a little setting up. Its for Duo but would be similar on your box.
I think it would be similar set up on other images but with slightly different install steps. Don't mention or hint at cams on BH site they will ban you straight away.

CCcams can be downloaded from Vix site.

VU+ Duo - Guide to setting up CCcam with Sly Card on VIX

Install CCcam 2.2.1 or higher by doing the following:
- FTP your .ipk file to the /tmp folder on the VU+ box.
- On the box press Menu, Setup, VIX, IPK Installer - install the .ipk you just placed in the /
tmp folder.
- You have to manually create the CCcam.cfg file and place it in the /etc folder on the VU+.
- To do this open Notepad (or similar) and type the following lines:
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 12 34 AB CD
SMARTCARD CLOCK FREQUENCY: /dev/sci0 3570000
- You need to replace the Box Key with your own box key information. This is figured out
by converting the 10 digit code from your Sly box in to hexadecimal. To do this, write down
the 17 digit number on the back/bottom of your Sly box. Ignore the first 6 characters and
write down the following following 10 digits, and ignore the last digit. For example:
1E200506858456748
Ignore the first 6: 1E2005
The 10 you want: 0685845674
Ignore the last 1: 8
Convert those 10 digits to hex, and you would get something like the following:
28e12caa
So your .cfg file will contain:
BOXKEY: /dev/sci0 28 E1 2C AA
/dev/sci0 indicates that you are putting your Sly card in the top slot card reader. /dev/sci1
would be the second slot.
- Save the file by go to “File” > “Save As” change “Save as type” to “All Files” name the file
CCcam.cfg
- FTP the .cfg file to the /etc directory on the VU+ box.
- Turn off the VU+ box.
- Insert your Sly card in to the top slot (if you set your .cfg file this way)
- Turn on your VU+ box
- Select Menu, Setup, Softcam/ci, Softcam Manager,
- Select CCcam.2.2.1 and press green to start it, or better - press blue to autostart it.
DONE!

Last edited:
Brilliant, I'll have a go at it this week. It looks like blackhole is the most popular image, the only reason I swapped to ViX was because general opinion seemed to be that it was easier to use. I quite liked bh tbh, it's just it was a bit overwhelming for a newbie. Now that vix is running, and I'm gaining a bit more confidence, then I might try it again. Is adding "extras" via ftp just the same with bh as it is with ViX?

Cheers,
Wilkiedan

with blackhole you can just download the ones you wnt stright to your sat box. the only thing you should have to ftp is your line.

Its just the same with BH but you will have to find CCcam as they have no support or info on emulators or cams. If you need a compatable CCcam send your email addy by p/m and I will forward it to you.

Back