Strange cline problems on skybox f5s and openbox v5s

benijofar

Admin
Staff member
TK Supporter
Hi All
Having strange problems on these boxes.
First f5s bought in April with cline all works fine.
Second f5s bought May and a different cline all works fine.
Bought 2 openbox v5s 2 weeks ago and one new cline from May supplier.
Loaded one v5s with the may sub and all works fine.
Loaded the other v5 with April sub by mistake and it ran at different location for 8 days and then all became scrambled.
When i realised what i had done i deleted the cline and put the new cline recently purchased in.
This sub will not work in this box even though i have reinstalled firmware and dbs file etc.
I then reinstalled the April cline in the V5S and box is fine!
I then did same with April box and tried installing the May cline and then the New October one but everything is scrambled !
It appears that once these boxes have had a cline running then they won't run with a different cline provider ?
Anybody come across this or got any suggestions as to what's going on or am i doing sometging wrong ?
All help appreciated.
Thanks

you can change clines as many time as you want, to me it sounds like you have just got mixed up with what line is going where as you have completely got me lost there, if you have a line in one location you cant then have the same line in another location on a different ip, have you removed these old line before adding the new ones.

Hi Waldo
Have been very careful to make sure which cline was where and kept a log of it all.
Without a doubt, the boxes i have with the clines are not interchangeable for some reason.
Have deleted the lines every time i ried something and also rebooted box after every alteration !
I am exasperated as to what the problem can be but my cline provider keeps me informed when the box is either requesting info or idle so i know when the box/cline is or isn't working.
It's baffling to say the least.

Clines/Nlines are fully interchangable---I have 3 F5s, 1Dream 500, 1 F3s 2 V5s plus a F5 on my desk at present [repaired boxes for clients] I have used the same 3 test lines between all the boxes and they work every time.
Check your box settings---DCHP--ip address. Line ticked etc etc
Cables and lnb.
Reaper.

Hi Reaper
Example
Just been watching sly sports same channel on both boxes (v5s) with different clines and both working ok.
Disconnected both boxes from power and removed ethernet connexions.
Deleted cline from one box and rebooted. Added cline running in other box to the first box and rebooted.
Reconnected updated box only and ethernet and rebooted.
Cline shows online ip address all correct and tried dhcp on/off etc.
All Fta ok but all cline progs are scrambled.
As soon as i put the original installed cline back in box all channels are fine !!!
What else can i try ?

As soon as i

You do not have to disconnect anything from box.
Format a usb key to FAT32.---dump line to usb key---store on pc.--Now by using remote delete line and exit.
Re-format Key.
Now repeat on second box.
Both lines now on pc.
Re-boot box A----re-format usb key--add line you want to use and then add to box as normal---box should re-boot and work ok
Repeat on box B.

[I have just done this procedure whilst writing this and box is now running perfect]

Reaper.

Hi Reaper
How do i dump the line info only ?
I have been copying original cfg files from supplier each time i have done this ?
Using dump offers me the misc file (tps file) or image file (abs)
Cannot find a dump procedure for cfg file ?
regards

Dump misc files ---CCcam.cfg [plug ins] onto key---then put key into pc --open key and you will see CCcam.cfg file on key---move that file to desktop and save.Re-format key.
Do not rename a file 'cos it won't work
Reaper.

Last edited:
Thanks Reaper
So used to using tps dump only and couldn't see the wood for the trees !
Will try your suggestions now.
regards

Hi Reaper
Done the first box which was the problem box and now working fine with correct cline !!!
The only thing i have done differently is to reformat the USB drive after each action so i am guessing that the problem lies therin ?
Will do the other box now but no reason to think it won't work on there.
Can i delete the old cline still on box by yellow button for safety sake ?
Thank you so much for your help as this was driving me round the bend !
Thanks again .
Regards
Benijofar

Yes you can delete old line via remote but remember to keep the 2 Clines on file as your back up.
Congratulations---nice to know it worked for you.
Reaper.

hi can you tell me please how to dump my cline from my sky open box please i'have bought this box with cline allreaady instaled and i'would like to use the cline on bedroom box thank you in advanced

Back