Strange problem

Tooter

Hi is it possible for a poorly fitted lnb cause a sat box (zgemma) to Crash and lock up needing a reflash. Having nothing but trouble with it at the moment.

Last edited:
A poorly fitted lnb will cause you signal problems nothing else Check what plugins you have loaded also check your hard drive

Hi thanks for the reply. We have tried a different usb and it's been running fine at his house. As soon as it's been plugged in at my house the box gets hot and after short use it crashies then I try and reboot and it gets stuck on boot and needs reflashing. 3 times its happened now. Can't figure it out.

Have you removed the plastic cellophane from outer case ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes that was removed as soon as I got it.
It as all so been running fine at his house but as soon as it's at my house it crashies and locks up within a few hours.

Yes that was removed as soon as I got it.
It as all so been running fine at his house but as soon as it's at my house it crashies and locks up within a few hours.

Are you using the same power supply in both houses or are you using his when around there ?

Yes same power supply same remote same everything. That's what lead me to ask the question regarding the lnb it's the only other thing I can think of.

Try running your box on just 1 cable and disconnect other one check nothing is shorting. Let it run if it runs ok switch cables

Cables can cause shorting i.e. If centre core is touching outer braid

Yes you can all it takes is 1 strand also water ingress to cables as your box powers the lnb

Hi I've tested my cables with a multi metre and both of them have no shorts. The guy I got my box from now has it back and he says it's working fine at his house with on access heat from the box.

plug it into a different electrical socket in your house, use an extension if you need to from another socket and see if it happens then

They are a bit sensitive at times but you get what you pay for..
Are you stacking other appliances under / above the unit, if so are you leaving an air gap?

Ah OK

They are cheap boxes... I have 2 but I wouldn't have one as my main box in the front room.
May be its time to bite the bullet and buy a better box. Sounds like that one has had its day.
Shouldn't be getting hot like that, bit risky running it IMO.

Last edited:
Yer looks like I'll have to return it.(only 3 weeks old) any recommendations on a decent box I might be able to pick up second hand easy to setup as I'm a noob.

Back